Microphone

LoC

• Members

This isn't for live application.

What's that got to do with the price of fish? :confused:

To be honest I can't really see you getting a better sound via a crappy mic than with a DI, is there any particular reason you want to use a mic?

• Members

Yeah, they're not too great for the low end, but I've had some alright results with them, especially combined with a DI.

What's that got to do with the price of fish?
:confused:

To be honest I can't really see you getting a better sound via a crappy mic than with a DI, is there any particular reason you want to use a mic?

I hear you man. I've had better results with a 57 than a Sure Beta 52 kick mic. Could be a million things, though.

Yo.

• Members

I hear you man. I've had better results with a 57 than a Sure Beta 52 kick mic. Could be a million things, though.

Yo.

One of the best cab micing results I got was on a Marshall cab with a 1x15 and 2x10s. Audix D6 on the 15 (damn I love the D6 so much :love: ) and a 57 on one of the 10s.

I'd reccomend the D6 completely, you ever tried one?

• Members

if you are miking an acoustic for practice purposes I would say get a Phillips from walmart

if you are needing something for higher quality I would spend a little mmre and get a MXL condenser mic with built in phantom power.

otherwise I would go direct into the USB serial port as others have mentioned.

Archived