4x10 vs 1x15

MacBradley

• Members

Your from the guitar forum right? Which is better a Strat or a Les Paul.

I'm busting your balls a little but some companies make great 15's and others make {censored}ty ones. It's the same for any configuration. Try out as many as you can.

Yo.

• Members

If you play with it in your band and you guys are really loud, then your bass player is in trouble. He'll need a good head and two cabs or a 8x10 cab at least. Telling you by personal experience.
;)

Those days are long gone. I've had many practices with loud musicians with only a single 15, 4x10 or a 2x12. I'm not sure what speakers you've been playing through but you don't need a huge rig to be heard.

Yo.

• Members

I've been working with Jorg Schroeder about making a Bassnutz/Schroeder cab.

It will have 2-10" speakers, a tweeter, and a 15" speaker. It's still in the very beginning stages, but this cab should please those that want a 15" Schroeder cab.

BassNutzCab.jpg

• Members

I've been working with Jorg Schroeder about making a Bassnutz/Schroeder cab.

It will have 2-10" speakers, a tweeter, and a 15" speaker. It's still in the very beginning stages, but this cab should please those that want a 15" Schroeder cab.

BassNutzCab.jpg

Man, all you need is some Orange all-tube goodness on top of that. I'd rock the sheet outr that!

• Members

That's cool looking. A lot of driver for the size - it's sealed, I'm guessin?

Is the horn hanging in front of the 15?

For the mark up picture, yes, the horn is in front. I have a feeling that it will be a round titanium 200 watt super tweeter, so it won't look so odd, and it'll fit better between the 15" and the 2-10's.

We're still a ways away from even making a prototype cab. And by the time it hits the market, I'm sure that several things will change. Unlike the Schroeders, these cabs will be front facing. I'd like to keep them Rhino linned, but that may chance for the production models.

• Members

For the mark up picture, yes, the horn is in front. I have a feeling that it will be a round titanium 200 watt super tweeter, so it won't look so odd, and it'll fit better between the 15" and the 2-10's.

We're still a ways away from even making a prototype cab. And by the time it hits the market, I'm sure that several things will change. Unlike the Schroeders, these cabs will be front facing. I'd like to keep them Rhino linned, but that may chance for the production models.

Any special deal when buying them with an Orange?

• Members

Any special deal when buying them with an Orange?

orange3.jpg

:D

It's still a ways away, so we're not even close to knowing what the cost will be. We're going to try and keep them affordable. We're also trying to keep them as compact as possible. We're thinking about the gigging musician.

• Members

You don't talk about money you want to put in, but a gret combination can be

Gk700 RB head (more than 300 watts - 8 ohms > 500 watts - 4 ohms)

and you add two 8 ohms cab:

1x15

2x10

So, you can use them following your need:

1 cab to reaharse, 1 cab for little venue, 2 cab for big venue or outdoor gigs..

• Members

Your from the guitar forum right? Which is better a Strat or a Les Paul.

I'm usually in the effects forums, but I do browse the guitar and amp forums as well. And to the question, neither. Jazzmaster's and tele's always win. It's rule of thumb in the effects forum.

Anyway, thanks alot for the help guys. It would be nice to look at some nicer stuff that some of you guys have recommended, but my friend is trying to keep this under 500 used, which I can understand, since this is an original band and there won't be much return investment.

I have a better understanding of how this works and that you can add two cabs to most setups, so I'm going to go try the different cabs and go with what sounds best for the price.

Thanks fo rbeing so cool guys, enjoy playing bass/not being a follower and playing guitar like the rest of us. :thu:

Archived