Pedal tuner or rackmount?

Neonfacelift

• Members

I've got my first gig in about two years tonight and realize I don't have a good tuner. I'm gonna go pick one up after work and wanted to know if there is any reason to go with somthing like a Korg DTR-1000 over a Boss TU-2. I've got an extra space in my rack and I like the big display on the Korg. (Flashing lights are always a plus!) On the other hand, I occasionally jam on the guitar :eek: with some friends, and it would be nice to be able to throw it on the pedalboard when I need it. Is the Korg unit that much more accurate or easier to use than the Boss?

• Members

I used to have a DTR-1 rack tuner. It was a really good tuner. Now I use a TU-2. It's accurate enough for stage/practice tuning, easy to use, and easy to see on a dark stage.

I have a strobe tuner for home to do setups and whatnot. If that is something you plan on doing, check out the Peterson Strobostomp. It's the most accurate pedal tuner on the market...but it ain't cheap. It'll tune anything. If I was to do it all over again, I would have bought that over the Boss...

• Members

Check out the Peterson Strobo stomp.

Very accurate, easy to use, tons of features, multi-instrument.

I have the pedal. But I'll probably get the rackmount too.

The studio my band recorded in had a few of those.

Probably the last tuner anyone would ever buy. Great for setting intonation and other detail oriented jobs.

• Members

I've got the Korg 2000 rackmount. Works great and my head has a tuner/mute footswitch. When I was in a band with a guitarist, he could unplug from his amp and plug into the front of my tuner. I like this setup a lot more than a pedal, but to each their own.

Yo.

Archived