Recommendations please?

rufusbuck

• Members

Howdy friends,

Been a lurker here for a number of years and thought I would see about getting a few opinions from you fine folks.

I am fixing to start playing bass with a new band that is forming. I am a guitar play but have filled in on the lower end from time to time, but always with loaner gear

• Members

Personally, I like the 2x10 & 1x15 setup or 4x10, but the current trend around here has been 2x12s for one reason or another. If you're looking for something on a budget a lot of folks around here like Avatar cabs. I've never played through them & prefer Peavey to anything else in it's price range. If you're looking to spend some cash, I'm a big fan of SWR's Pro series cabinets.

• Members

Thanks for the replys! I have not heard of Avatar but will keep an eye out for them. I had a line on a used Eden 2x10 cab but it was gone before I made it to the shop. When you say SWR pro, is that the Working Pro that MF has?

Thanks again!

• Members

When you say SWR pro, is that the Working Pro that MF has?

Thanks again!

Nope. Workingpro is different than Professional series. If you're looking on musicians friend, it'll be the Goliath, Goliath Jr, Triad, etc...

• Members

Fast shipping, good CS, and no better price.

WOW! They do have some great prices. I just read an article about Neil Young's guitar rig that had some information about this company at the end of it. The editors took an old Vox AC 100( or was is a Super Beatle?) and ran it wide open through one of Avatar's 4x12 stacks... the writers sure liked it! I will be looking hard at this company. Thanks!

• Members

Personally, I like the 2x10 & 1x15 setup or 4x10, but the current trend around here has been 2x12s for one reason or another. If you're looking for something on a budget a lot of folks around here like Avatar cabs. I've never played through them & prefer Peavey to anything else in it's price range. If you're looking to spend some cash, I'm a big fan of SWR's Pro series cabinets.

Wow. Almost exactly what I was going to say.

:wave:

Yo.

• Members

I really like my 2x12 Avatar.

What material do you have on yours? I was looking at the choices they have, the fact that there is even a choice is pretty bad ass, and was wondering if the heavy duty stuff was worth the extra money.

• Members

Honestly, who would order from those guys if they just stumbled on their website?

Yo.

I agree. I looked at the site a few months ago and then quickly forgot about it. However, their name keeps coming up and the reviews I have seen are good... that means more than some nice Flash intro, IMHO.

Archived