Someone please identify this bass for me

Marcin1988

• Members

Hi, i got this bass from a friend, and im planning on selling it i just dont know what exactly it is. im pretty sure it is a teisco/ japanese brand of some sort from the 60s. i do believe the finish was originally a sunburst but was clearly sanded off.

now i plan on selling it but being in the condition it is in, and not being wired right, how much am i looking at receiving ?

any help is appreciated

• Members
Hi, i got this bass from a friend, and im planning on selling it i just dont know what exactly it is. im pretty sure it is a teisco/ japanese brand of some sort from the 60s. i do believe the finish was originally a sunburst but was clearly sanded off.

now i plan on selling it but being in the condition it is in, and not being wired right, how much am i looking at receiving ?

any help is appreciated

i think we'd need a pic at the least

• Members

it is a 30.25" scale. i like the bass actually, but i cnat get the damn wiring right, i just think the pickups might be busted. maybe someone coudl summon up a wiring chart for this bass eventualy for me i woudl wire it right and see how it works out

• Members

hmm... I dont know if you'll find ANYONE with a wiring chart for that. Those two switches just make it weird... Maybe a t-40 chart, just for comparison.

Its funny that it seems to be a Ric/Fender/Gibson Hybrid bass. I'd like to hear how it sounds...

• Members

Looks like a Japanese instrument from the '60s or '70s. I have a Kingston bass that has a finger rest (instead of a thumb rest) and switches for the pickups, it also has a nifty plastic 'guard for the controls that is chipped n a similar way.... Really, it may be impossible to ID it, try Kingston, Tiesco, Del Ray, etc..... sorry I cant be more help....

Here's mine:

158238052_f705120034.jpg?v=0

Archived