Hey, Did STFF make it through the weekend without smoking?

picker13

• Members

Hmm.

I almost did. :mad:

I did great the entire 5 hour drive to the gig we played saturday night in Boise, Idaho. When we finally made it to the venue, I realized that this was not a beer/alcohol bar. This was a tobacco/hookah bar. Smoking was not only allowed, but encouraged. There was about 20 hookahs with flavored tobacco burning all night long. Needless to say, the temptation was overwhelming. I made it all the way through sound check and by the time we went on stage, I was pretty drunk, and my willpower doesn't handle alcohol very well. So, I had a few that night. I had a couple the next day.

But I'm not giving up. I haven't had any today. It was just a bad weekend. I will succeed at this. Tomorrow is a state holiday, so there will be no work, no stress. I'll just hang out all day with my daughter and won't even think about smoking.

I appreciate all the encouragement from all of you. I'll make it through this.

• Members

Hmm.

I almost did.
:mad:

+snip+

But I'm not giving up. I haven't had any today. It was just a bad weekend. I will succeed at this. Tomorrow is a state holiday, so there will be no work, no stress. I'll just hang out all day with my daughter and won't even think about smoking.

Good to hear!

You didn't walk perfect the first time you tried, right? ;)

It'll come!

• Members

This was a tobacco/hookah bar. Smoking was not only allowed, but encouraged. There was about 20 hookahs with flavored tobacco burning all night long.

What the hell? I've never seen a place like that. Does that mean you cab doesn't smell like the usual 3rd hand tobacco residue, but has a delightful "apple" odor as well?

Sorry to hear that you fell off the wagon, but sounds like you're back on, so good luck from here on out.

• Members

I will succeed at this. Tomorrow is a state holiday, so there will be no work, no stress.

I appreciate all the encouragement from all of you. I'll make it through this.

dude - you are totally going to make it.....just remember to go to your happy place....this should help...

181689985_a490af03ab.jpg

yoko01.jpg

• Members
What the hell? I've never seen a place like that. Does that mean you cab doesn't smell like the usual 3rd hand tobacco residue, but has a delightful "apple" odor as well?

Sorry to hear that you fell off the wagon, but sounds like you're back on, so good luck from here on out.

It's the shiznit. You're basically smoking tobacco cured with different kinds of flavored syrup or molasses or whatever and smoking it throiugh a hookah (or bong, for the uneducated). Doesn't really give me as much of a buzz as smoking regular cigs for me, but everybody's different.

• Members

I had a Heart attack about a year ago

the nurse asked me... do you smoke?

I told her, "yes I do".

she replied... Not any more.

I have not smoked since.

thumper is right

everyone quits sooner or later

picture cigarettes as coffin nails; maybe that will be some extra motovation to quit for good.

if that dont work maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRHvZazd4IM

Archived