2nd Wave Wednesday...The Beat (The English Beat)

JacieFB

• Members

I have some of their stuff on compilations. I didn't like too much 2nd wave stuff.

let's see the third wave was like 90-98, second wave was late 70's-early 80s, first wave was 1960-69ish.

Are we due for a 4th wave here pretty soon?

• Members

I have some of their stuff on compilations. I didn't like too much 2nd wave stuff.

let's see the third wave was like 90-98, second wave was late 70's-early 80s, first wave was 1960-69ish.

Are we due for a 4th wave here pretty soon?

I've wondered that, myself... :D

When I was initially introduced to 2nd wave stuff, I was a bit into 3rd wave stuff and very into the 90's pop punk thing, and I didn't dig it much. Now, it's really reversed for me. Bands like Reel Big Fish and Mustard Plug kinda did their best to kill the entire genre, IMO. :freak:

• Members

I've wondered that, myself...
:D

When I was initially introduced to 2nd wave stuff, I was a bit into 3rd wave stuff and very into the 90's pop punk thing, and I didn't dig it much. Now, it's really reversed for me. Bands like Reel Big Fish and Mustard Plug kinda did their best to kill the entire genre, IMO.
:freak:

Mustard Plug was never main stream enough to do any real Damage. Obviously RBF embraced being used by the system.

• Members

Obviously RBF embraced being used by the system.

Yeah. I saw them play a couple of times. First time, their openers were The Pilfers (very cool!) and The Mr. T Experience :love:. The show was awesome. Second time, it really seemed like RBF was embracing the end of 3rd wave and really just {censored}ing around. :freak::mad:

Archived