X2 Mini Review

Thunderbroom

• Members

x2wireless01a.jpg

I bought this so that I would have a wireless system that I can use with my Neopak and the tube head I'm getting next week. It fulfills a want not a need.

What I Like:

After spending a few hours with it, I can say with certainty that I hear no difference between it and my cables. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

What I Don't Like:

The plastic housing for both the transmitter and receiver.

Since I take care of my gear, I don't see the latter being much of an issue. The unit is simple to setup and can be powered by my Strobostomp tuner.

I will have 4 gigs in 6 days starting on August 11. If things change I'll update this thread.

• Members

Wonders what's the effective range on that lil gadget.

Need to test also in different situations. Interference from electric systems, illumination on stages and other wireless systems.
;)

August 11.

;)

And the effective range is likely a non-issue. My guess is I'll start experience delays before the thing cuts out.

• Members

I have one that I've played out with several times. It really does sound great. BUT...it won't go around corners. I've taken my old one in the bathroom at gigs, and it is fine. Tonight, I walked out front, and when the big fat rhythm guitar player (I'm not exaggerating...he's huge) stepped in front of it, it cut out. The first time I tried to go around a corner, it cut out. It does have a great sound, but in my experience, it's mostly for those who stay onstage or thereabouts, and don't want a cord. That's just my two cents, which aren't worth much

• Members

They're available already, just not in stock yet. I've been keeping an eye out for one myself. I think I'm just gonna buy one off Ebay instead *shrugs*

How much are they?

I probably won't be able to afford one for a while anyway....I need a new keyboard and bass first

• Members

I have one that I've played out with several times. It really does sound great. BUT...it won't go around corners. I've taken my old one in the bathroom at gigs, and it is fine. Tonight, I walked out front, and when the big fat rhythm guitar player (I'm not exaggerating...he's huge) stepped in front of it, it cut out. The first time I tried to go around a corner, it cut out. It does have a great sound, but in my experience, it's mostly for those who stay onstage or thereabouts, and don't want a cord. That's just my two cents, which aren't worth much

Hmmm, this is interesting. Hey Jeff, let me know how yours does with this issue. I'm trying to get my guitards to get X2's in their pedalboards, and I'd like to hear more about it cutting out, or if this was just a fluke...

• Members

Hmmm, this is interesting. Hey Jeff, let me know how yours does with this issue. I'm trying to get my guitards to get X2's in their pedalboards, and I'd like to hear more about it cutting out, or if this was just a fluke...

Yeah, I'd like to know too, if it's just mine or all of them.

• Members

Yeah, I'd like to know too, if it's just mine or all of them.

I had mine out in the garage yesterday on the floor. I went out in the driveway about 15 yards. In between me and the unit was a dresser that I'm refinishing for my daughter's room. It didn't cut out in that situation.

mikefitzwell owns one and gigs with his regularly. I talked with him before I bought mine. He's had no problems with his.

• Members

When would you want to do that? When/if the batteries die?

The base unit (on the right in the pic) has to be powered. I'm not talking about the transmitter (on the left in the pic) that plugs into the bass. The base unit does use a 9v battery but why would I put a battery in there if I can power it via my pedal tuner?

• Members

The base unit (on the right in the pic) has to be powered. I'm not talking about the transmitter (on the left in the pic) that plugs into the bass. The base unit does use a 9v battery but why would I put a battery in there if I can power it via my pedal tuner?

Exactly! :thu:

As you can tell, I've never used a wireless before :freak:

• Members

I'm revising my comments.

mdd30 is right on.

:(

I set it back up today and ensured that I blocked the line-of sight. It cut out at about 30 - 40 feet. When I went around the corner of my garage (about 20 feet from the unit), it cut out.

This is a bit disappointing as my Sennheiser has never cut out (and I just gave it the same test).

Still, I don't think in a band setting where I'm on stage it's really going to be an issue though I do admit a little concern. This whole time the receiver was on my pedal board. I'm wondering if I'll have better luck setting it on top of my head.

• Members

It does need LOS. I just set it up on the dresser and was able to walk a long way down the street and still hear it.

From a practical standpoint, I can't see how it would be much of an issue live as long as you remember to maintain LOS. The way my band sets up, I don't see how this would be an issue. It's got plenty of range.

• Members

It does need LOS. I just set it up on the dresser and was able to walk a long way down the street and still hear it.

From a practical standpoint, I can't see how it would be much of an issue live as long as you remember to maintain LOS. The way my band sets up, I don't see how this would be an issue. It's got plenty of range.

Yeah but what if you played in Live Earth 2012?:confused: That's a big stage.

Archived