How do I get my bass to sound like this?

Apendecto

• Members

that clip sounds JUST like the zvex wooly mammoth with the eq, "wool," and "pinch" (which is akin to a gate) way up. it's a great pedal and retains a ton of bottom end, but it always sounds fairly aggressive (kind of synth-y at the most extreme settings). they're very expensive and very rare, but on the bright side they're rare enough that you'll probably be able to turn it around on ebay for about what you paid for it, in the event that you absolutely hate it (unlikely, if the sound in those clips is what you really want).

anecdotally: i was trying to explain the concept of bass fuzz to my girlfriend, who wasn't getting it at all, so i showed her the wooly mammoth and let her change around the knobs to get different sounds while i played. when i turned it off to let her hear the undistorted sound, she asked why i'd ever play without the mammoth. the amp i was playing through was an orange ad200 (at low volume, but still). the mammoth sounds amazing, you wouldn't regret it if you got it.

I know that pedal is a "love it or hate it thing" and I'd love to try one out but I haven't been able to find one around.

Yo.

Archived