Ampeg B200R amp?

twostone

• Members

any body use this amp for gigging and how they like it? I'm considering buying a new one just like some insight on this amp and how it will hold up against a half stack guitarist at low volumes and how will it hold up for gigging out 3x a month. I'll be using a Fender JP90 with Seymour Ducans PU's any opinions on this would be appreciated we don't have a Ampeg dealer where I live. Thanks

• Members

I have an Ampeg B200R combo amp and I love it. It sounds amazing, looks FRIGGIN' cool has hell, and fits in the back seat of my car.

I play in a 50s trio and our guitar player plays a 30 watt boutique amp, our drummer is a hard hitter. We played a pool party about a month ago, I played a Waterstone Indra bass, short scale, passive electronics, through my amp and at 4 was TOO loud! I turned down to 3 and was fine. I love this amp!!!

Great tone, and I love the buttons to enhance lows, mids, and highs.

Granted, this all depends on your situation. If you are playing with reasonable musicians, this combo should be more than enough. If you have to get a 1200watt head and a 8X10 cab just to be heard, there is a problem, and it is NOT your rig.

• Members

Thanks for the input I gonna down size and figured this would be a great combo bass amp I'm tired of lugging around 2x15 cab and old PV 50lb bass head for small clubs even though we have 2 guitarist with half stacks but being in a small club scene we keep volume down reasonable enough so folks won't complain. Getting old and more picky about my sound then how loud I am.

Archived