Mac vs PC

D Aussie

• Members

of fer Cryin' out loud ....why do you PC get so defensive?? Dare I say a complex?...inferio...no, I won't

Why do 'you PC'? Are there sentient computers posting here? :confused:

The other side of the coin for your question is "why do Apple product buyers think their product is superior simply because it's exclusive and more expensive?" The average Mac user cannot for the life of them explain the actual advantages a Mac has...They just know it's better, because a condescending and simplistic commercial told them so...

When a mac or pc user can actually explain the various advantages of their platform, then it's time to listen...if all one can do is repeat hackneyed talking points, piss off...:D

• Members

The other side of the coin for your question is "why do Apple product buyers think their product is superior simply because it's exclusive and more expensive?"

King, I worked at Apple for nearly 3 years, Senior Tech (- true) ...I think I know a thing or 2 about computers.

...then again, maybe they just brainwashed me.

But the punchline is : I bought an Intel iMac - so I'm a computer slut

• Members

King, I worked at Apple for nearly 3 years, Senior Tech (- true) ...I think I know a thing or 2 about computers.

Which was of course clear from your posts :p

If you want to, you're welcome to substantiate your expertise. ;)

Though this is a rant thread, so not the place for useful posts...:D

• Members

Though this is a rant thread, so not the place for useful posts...
:D

My wife's PC refuses to connect to our wireless printer and it randomly restarts when running off battery power! :mad:

Howzat? :p

My Mac, on the other hand, is working pretty much flawlessly.

• Members

When a mac or pc user can actually explain the various advantages of their platform, then it's time to listen...

My Mac is superior because it is white and shiny. It just looks so pretty! I feel a lot more "hip" and "progressive" and more like an artist because of my Mac. It makes me a more alive and creative and cool person than PC users. It makes me part of an exclusive group that separates itself from all the normal boring PC users. All the really cool kids in movies and tv shows use Macs - using one myself brings me one step closer to them.

;)

(In reality I just had bad experiences with every Windows system I have worked on and I just wanted to get away from that operating system. OSX seems more stable and easier to work with for me. It suits my needs perfectly in a reliable manner. This actually seems to the reason why most people switch to Macs, as far as I can tell.

As for their hardware, I'm not very impressed with their policies on quality assurance. I know I will never buy another Mac without getting the extended warranty, and that sucks. It's just not right when something breaks, and research on the web yields the result "It's a common problem that happens a lot, but Apple won't do anything about it. Unless you bought APPLE CARE, you're pretty much {censored}ed".)

• Members

I bought a powerbook four years ago because I wanted a unix-based system and didn't want to go through the pain that was linux back in the good old days...

Never looked back, you'll have to pry my mac out of my cold dead fingers... (well, I hope that in a couple of centuries, when I die, the computers will be implanted directly into our brains, to you'll have to saw open my skull and pry my mac out of my cold dead brain.... (hmmmmm..... braaaiiinnnzzz....))

• Members

I'm a Mac user. I'm also a PC user. I "personally" prefer using the Mac on my day-to-day things. But that's me.

Advantages or disadvantages between one or the other? Honestly, there really are none. In all the years that I've used a PC, I've never once got a virus or a trojan. And I've been using the Internet since '89 in one way or another. The threat of a virus or trojan is a bit overblown. The threat is out there of course, it's just that me...nor anyone I personally know actually...have never experienced one.

This argument of PC vs Mac is pretty lame now. It's idiotic actually. Who cares? Also, WHO CARES about what Apple puts on their commercials? Why do you people get upset over a fricken commercial? Let's see...a company puts out a commercial claiming their product is better than the competition. SHOCKING! OMG!

Get a grip people. They're computers.

• Members

I'm a Mac user. I'm also a PC user. I "personally" prefer using the Mac on my day-to-day things. But that's me.

Advantages or disadvantages between one or the other? Honestly, there really are none. In all the years that I've used a PC, I've never once got a virus or a trojan. And I've been using the Internet since '89 in one way or another. The threat of a virus or trojan is a bit overblown. The threat is out there of course, it's just that me...nor anyone I personally know actually...have never experienced one.

This argument of PC vs Mac is pretty lame now. It's idiotic actually. Who cares? Also, WHO CARES about what Apple puts on their commercials? Why do you people get upset over a fricken commercial? Let's see...a company puts out a commercial claiming their product is better than the competition. SHOCKING! OMG!

Get a grip people. They're computers.

I couldn't agree more. It's a matter of personal preference if you like one over the other. I prefer macs myself. I'm not a gamer, and I'm not dependant on any windows software in my work and studies. I prefer the mac, but I of course respect that other people might prefer a PC instead.

Archived