me- ' but I know its there, I have the paperwork, I know how much it is'

customs- 'gotta wait for notification'

geeze... bloody online trackable shipments :mad:

• Members

s2.jpg

It arrived..

wow...

wow...

Likes, seriously WOW.. Its so light and so perfectly balanced, not neck heavy or body heavy, just balanced.. I can't stop looking at it or picking it up :love:

I'm now looking at any gear I have that is lower than this and thinking its time for all of the crap to go.. It will never get used.. :love:

• Members

I ordered an Edwards guitar from Japan. The customs just looked at it, and passed it on. The mail man gave me a bill for $28 customs fee, and that was it. It took about 3 ~ 4 days from Japan to Chicago using EMS.

Sucks to be in Melbourne. :p

• Members

where did you buy it from?

how much was it?

how much was the landed price including customs"?

if its not too much to ask...
:thu:

I can't say on a public forum who I got it from (they are a foreign Fender dealer who would prefer it not known they sell US Fenders overseas ;))..

The bass ended up being $1400, postage was $160, customs was $290, so $1850 all up, best deal I could find locally was about $2800, I'm very happy!

• Members

I ordered an Edwards guitar from Japan. The customs just looked at it, and passed it on. The mail man gave me a bill for $28 customs fee, and that was it. It took about 3 ~ 4 days from Japan to Chicago using EMS.

Sucks to be in Melbourne.
:p

Thats normally the case here too, except we now have a $1000 cut off, if its 1 cent over $1000 you have to pay customs..

• Members

I can't say on a public forum who I got it from (they are a foreign Fender dealer who would prefer it not known they sell US Fenders overseas
;)
)..

The bass ended up being $1400, postage was $160, customs was $290, so $1850 all up, best deal I could find locally was about $2800, I'm very happy!

Good work!

I wonder if said dealer also sells G&L L2000 or Musicman Sterlings?

That would be nice.:thu:

• Members

What happens if I buy a G&L or Stingray, quickly realize I don't bond with it, put it up for sale here and one of you upside downers buys it? With shipping and customs is it still cheaper for you guys that way?

It used to be, but recently anything over AU$1000 is no longer a gift.

You used to be able to just write gift on the package and it would just pass through.

The customs people hold stuff they suspect might be of a value greater than AU$1000 for valuation.

The up side is that we can now make purchases of

Archived