Cubasis Help

D Aussie

• Members

Im using cubasis VST for making demos at home and things arent going too badly, but I no longer have an outboard compressor.

Is there some software compressor that could be used to tighten up the vocals and bass once it is recorded, or even as it is being recorded?

I have discovered a couple of effects internally, but they only seem to be reverb/delay style.:confused:

• Members

scuse my ignorances, but how do I use VST thingies in cubasis?

Do they just appear as effects if loaded into the correct Steinberg directory?
:confused:

yes you should have a vst folder in there so put them in there , then you open them in the channel "inserts" . You can then export the track back in to the pool and new track if you want to commit to the effect on the recorded part and free up the CPU , but depending on the "performance" you may not need to , then just wait till mixdown . so use the channel inserts for the track or master fader .

• Members

yes you should have a vst folder in there so put them in there , then you open them in the channel "inserts" . You can then export the track back in to the pool and new track if you want to commit to the effect on the recorded part and free up the CPU , but depending on the "performance" you may not need to , then just wait till mixdown . so use the channel inserts for the track or master fader .

cool

you sound like you know a lot about it.

Can I pick your brains on a regular basis as I go?

Im pretty new to all this, but Im liking what I learn.

At the moment, I still havent worked out how to monitor what goes in while Im recording it, and have to sorta 'fly blind':o

• Members

cool

you sound like you know a lot about it.

Can I pick your brains on a regular basis as I go?

Im pretty new to all this, but Im liking what I learn.

At the moment, I still havent worked out how to monitor what goes in while Im recording it, and have to sorta 'fly blind':o

IIRC Cubasis is the first version , I have used Cubase VST 32 for years and now use Cubase 4 . They share somethings but some are very different , but sure I'll try to help , setting up the ins/outs can be crazy , what interface /soundcard are you using ?

• Members

IIRC Cubasis is the first version , I have used Cubase VST 32 for years and now use Cubase 4 . They share somethings but some are very different , but sure I'll try to help , setting up the ins/outs can be crazy , what interface /soundcard are you using ?

Soundcard?

No idea.

A bog standard one that came with the PC. Its ancient, a Celeron 300 or there abouts. I'd like to upgrade to something later, but it wont be till next year.

I can record a track, write a midi drum sequence, hear it all back, but I cant hear what Im recording while Im recording it.

After it is recorded, Im all good.

• Members

tough one , could be any one of the settings , I think I would try logging into Cubase.net see if anyone knows about the older versions , They do still support VST 32 over there . Have you selected your audio device in Cubasis and tweaked it's settings there ? Do you have the input volume up on the mic level or whatever input you are on . I think Jazz and a few other guys use their computer sound cards here if they don't chime in on your Cubasis thread , make another one called something like computer recording help , sound card issue , or some such . Do you have the manual ? Also somewhere in Cubasis "panels , or setup or devices , you should be able to select the in and out for the audio , so I would open every window till I find it . Feel free to pm me too maybe I can actually help one of these days :rolleyes::D

• Members

Thanks mate.

I have friday off work so i planned to run thru the built in tutorail, line by line.

Just seems weird to me I can record, but not hear what I'm recording at the same time, as hearing the playback.

I thought it might be a lack of duplex facility on the card.

• Members

Thanks mate.

I have friday off work so i planned to run thru the built in tutorail, line by line.

Just seems weird to me I can record, but not hear what I'm recording at the same time, as hearing the playback.

I thought it might be a lack of duplex facility on the card.

I think it's just a setting simple as clicking a box , somewhere you will see record settings or preferences , "tape style" and the like , it's in there . A book will help , The power of cubase is a great one , if they have that for your version . Good Luck !

Archived