Two video clips by me!

rummy

• Members

Uploading. Stay tuned if you wanna see a noob tear it up! :p

Here's Traveling without moving by Jamiroquai. I'm not going to lie and tell you that this was my bad take. This is my take, and that's where I am right now. And, this is what happens when you give a noobie a fretless. I'm sure I could do a couple more and get it nicer and cleaner, but I did this so I can see my progress as I go. It gets pretty bad from 1:16 mark. So towards the end, I kinda give up. :lol: I promise I'll come with a better version with the Stingray.

www.jcyoo.com/vids/traveling.wmv

And some of you know, I started as a guitar player, and I couldn't believe how rusty I was on the good old 6er. Just a proof here. This is Stash by Phish.

Criticism welcome. :)

www.jcyoo.com/vids/stash.wmv

The bass clip was recorded about an hour ago here, and the guitar clip is from last night.

• Members

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

There might be a typing error in the address.

If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Boo.

• Moderators

I think you have some pretty remarkably strong right hand technique for only having played bass a few months. Very impressive. On your left hand, I'd like to see you use your pinky for more than just octaves.

Also, having just picked up the fretless yesterday, that is pretty good intonation. Not perfect, but no one is perfect and for having one day of experience on that bass you are doing extremely well.

• Members

Oh, sweet. I do feel kinda silly using just two fingers, and I feel like I should add my ring finger to the arsenal. Should I try using my pinky for moving a whole note in the lower frets for the left hand?

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :cool:

• Moderators

I tend to use my pinky for full step reaches in the lower register and then reach back to a one finger per note as the song requires it. I find this to cause significantly less fatigue than hanging my pinky off the fingerboard as you were doing. The key is to be as relaxed with your left hand as you are with your right.

• Members

I tend to use my pinky for full step reaches in the lower register and then reach back to a one finger per note as the song requires it. I find this to cause significantly less fatigue than hanging my pinky off the fingerboard as you were doing. The key is to be as relaxed with your left hand as you are with your right.

I do that as well, especially on basses with a long reach out to the lower positions, and the 35" scale basses. Really helps.

Nice playing Rummy.:thu:

• Members

try making your best trey face whenever you play phish. something like this will help you find the groove....

cs-LesTreyGabby2-Atlanta71105.JPG

:D

Are y'all out to make me explode due to Bari gas!?

God!

But yeah.

I like the videos. That guitar riff is really cool, I need to learn that one of these days.

Archived