NFL

RIC N BACKER

• Members

Yeah, and I bet
"it was better back when we had separate water fountains"
too?

As I already mentioned, using the name of an ethnic group is not inherently offensive, it's using a slur that is.

The Florida State Seminoles not only have the permission of the Seminole tribe, they have the full support and a working relationship to get advice on how to do the costuming, half time show, etc...

A mascot like Chief Wahoo is the equivalent of a minstrel show performer or a tar baby. Most groups that protest Cleveland don't care about the nickname, they care about the mascot (because "Indians" is not a slur). And most groups who protest the Redskins protest the nickname, not the mascot (since the mascot is not a caricature, but the name is a slur).

Opponents may want to paint it all with a
"wow, everyone is offended by everything"
brush in order to dismiss the complaints, but it's demonstrably not the case.

Only now is that considered slur; you know those like you who wish to re-write history.

And no, asshole, I don't think there should be separate drinking fountains. In fact one of those drinking fountains should be shoved up your ass; sideways.

I'm sure it will fit as you are the biggest asshole I know.

(Thinks, oh no here comes the nine paragraph lecture about the actual and historical dimensions of the southern drinking fountains :rolleyes:).

• Members

Only now is that considered slur; you know those like you who wish to re-write history.

And no, asshole, I don't think there should be separate drinking fountains. In fact one of those drinking fountains should be shoved up your ass; sideways.

I'm sure it will fit as you are the biggest asshole I know.

(Thinks, oh no here comes the nine paragraph lecture about the actual and historical dimensions of the southern drinking fountains
:rolleyes:
).

There was a time when performing in blackface was vaudeville entertainment. That doesn't make it any less innappropriate today.

Archived