A satisfying Money Shot

Crescent Seven

• Members

Seriously?

I play bass in a death metal band. I think your take on the scene might be a little off. There is no money in metal, so there's nothing to fight over/compete for. I think there's a bond in our scene because we are all doing it for fun, knowing we aren't making money. Most of the guys are just fun drunks that made bad haircut decisions.

I wish it was like that around here! Every time we play a show everybody is super nice to us before we go on. We talk, have some drinks, and just generally have fun. Then we play. After that everybody has a chip on their shoulder towards us. We always get props from the big bands...and usually offers to play...but all of the local bands seem to be afraid or something.

We are all super easy to get along with. Nobody has an attitude, and we are all in it for the music. We stay to watch the other bands, we let people borrow equipment. I just don't get it...

• Members
I always thought that stuff was reserved for metal bands. Tough guys in the funk/reggae scene? Please, there's no need to front on being a hard ass when you're playing Sublime covers.
:D

That stuff is reserved for metal bands which suck and are trying to make themselves seem cool.

Most metallers are pretty laid back and friendly.

That guy was an utter twat, nice job of making him look like an idiot.

Btw, I just checked your band's MySpace out, nice stuff :thu: Just sent a friend req!

• Members

I wish it was like that around here! Every time we play a show everybody is super nice to us before we go on. We talk, have some drinks, and just generally have fun. Then we play. After that everybody has a chip on their shoulder towards us. We always get props from the big bands...and usually offers to play...but all of the local bands seem to be afraid or something.

We are all super easy to get along with. Nobody has an attitude, and we are all in it for the music. We stay to watch the other bands, we let people borrow equipment. I just don't get it...

sounds like the scene here. although I tend to find it varies depending on who you're playing with. We've had gigs where none of the other bands have really wanted to talk to us, and others where we've all hung out, got drunk and done stupid {censored} like we're old mates...

pretty damn random

Archived