A satisfying Money Shot

Crescent Seven

• Members

The other night I was at a show, at a club we play at fairly frequently. I was talking with the owner, and we finalized a booking for the end of this month. I asked what the lineup was, and he pointed to the band on stage and said that they were the openers that night.

Fast forward a couple of hours. I'm out on the patio and I approached the bass player from that band and introduced myself. He was apparently trying to impress some girls, because he ignored me at first, but I pressed in and told him that I'm the bass player from Myth Lab.

"Who? Never heard of you. Thanks." he says, and kind of smirks. He looks at one of the girls and says "Hm. Bands." and rolls his eyes.

I looked at the girl he was talking to and said "Don't worry, he's opening for us later this month, I'm sure he'll hear of us then.":freak:

What is it with dudes in bands trying to front on other bands? As if he's going to get himself laid by acting like his band is {censored}in' mighty or something. Clown. At the show later this month, I'm going to make certain that all of our people are out on the patio or in the pool room while his band is on just cause {censored} him.:D

C7

• Members

The other night I was at a show, at a club we play at fairly frequently. I was talking with the owner, and we finalized a booking for the end of this month. I asked what the lineup was, and he pointed to the band on stage and said that they were the openers that night.

Fast forward a couple of hours. I'm out on the patio and I approached the bass player from that band and introduced myself. He was apparently trying to impress some girls, because he ignored me at first, but I pressed in and told him that I'm the bass player from Myth Lab.

"Who? Never heard of you. Thanks." he says, and kind of smirks. He looks at one of the girls and says "Hm. Bands." and rolls his eyes.

I looked at the girl he was talking to and said "Don't worry, he's opening for us later this month, I'm sure he'll hear of us then.":freak:

What is it with dudes in bands trying to front on other bands? As if he's going to get himself laid by acting like his band is {censored}in' mighty or something. Clown. At the show later this month, I'm going to make certain that all of our people are out on the patio or in the pool room while his band is on just cause {censored} him.
:D
C7

That's what is known in some circles as an unprofessional dick. I doubt you're sweating any of this at all, but he probably won't even be playing music in five years anyhow. Not with a 'tude like that. OTOH, chicks often dig guys who are jerks. He probably did get laid that night.

• Members

C7, you gotta let {censored} like this go. Who cares? Plus, they're opening for
you
:)

I let it go right after I shot a fat load in his face in front of a bunch of women. I'm just sharing a funny anecdote.:D

The whole point of me going over there in the first place was to find out their contact info so I could put it in whatever marketing I do, because I always include the other bands' info on our flyers and in our emails. Now, as far as anyone who sees our flyers will know, the show doesn't start until 9pm, and his band isn't playing that night.:D

From looking at their flyers, it doesn't look like they'd return the courtesy anyways, so whatever. They're a good band, it just sucks that they aren't good to deal with. The drummer was a dick also.

C7

• Members

The thing I've noticed is that mother{censored}ers that lean towards that sort of {censored} end up trying to strike a deal with you and get a project going.

I've dealt with a handful of bitches like that for the past year, and I recently got rid of all of them. I still have value, whereas they've lost their gigs and have found that they have no passion for playing, only attention(which they got very little of).

• Members

What a bunch of cock suckers. Good job making an ass out of him. I never understood why bands try to act hard towards one another. That attitude is like a {censored}ing epidemic around here

I always thought that stuff was reserved for metal bands. Tough guys in the funk/reggae scene? Please, there's no need to front on being a hard ass when you're playing Sublime covers.:D

• Members

I just don't get {censored} like that. I've made every effort to get in the good graces of every other working band in my area if the opportunity presents itself.

When bar owners ask other bands about us I know the response is never, "Those guys are assholes and they don't have their {censored} together." Now, other bands may not feel comfortable recommending us for fear of losing a gig, but I know that our professionalism has definitely been to our advantage.

I'd never talk {censored} about another band unless they were in on it and we were both doing it for publicity.

• Members

I let it go right after I shot a fat load in his face in front of a bunch of women. I'm just sharing a funny anecdote.

The whole point of me going over there in the first place was to find out their contact info so I could put it in whatever marketing I do, because I always include the other bands' info on our flyers and in our emails. Now, as far as anyone who sees our flyers will know, the show doesn't start until 9pm, and his band isn't playing that night.
From looking at their flyers, it doesn't look like they'd return the courtesy anyways, so whatever. They're a good band, it just sucks that they aren't good to deal with. The drummer was a dick also.

C7

They will probably never figure out why they tanked!:D:D:D

• Members

I always thought that stuff was reserved for metal bands.

Seriously?

I play bass in a death metal band. I think your take on the scene might be a little off. There is no money in metal, so there's nothing to fight over/compete for. I think there's a bond in our scene because we are all doing it for fun, knowing we aren't making money. Most of the guys are just fun drunks that made bad haircut decisions.

• Members

Seriously?

I play bass in a death metal band. I think your take on the scene might be a little off. There is no money in metal, so there's nothing to fight over/compete for. I think there's a bond in our scene because we are all doing it for fun, knowing we aren't making money. Most of the guys are just fun drunks that made bad haircut decisions.

Around here, they act like it's some kind of WWE show. If two metal bands are at the same bar at the same time, they'll play nice to each other, and then try to denounce the other band as hard as they can. Metalheads in Denver are drama queens.

At the show, I'm going to maintain a high level of professionalism towards them. But when I call upon the crowd to give it up for this band, you can bet that the cricket in the corner is gonna be heard givin' his shout out.:D

C7

• Members

... But when I call upon the crowd to give it up for this band, you can bet that the cricket in the corner is gonna be heard givin' his shout out.
C7

you need to get a video of that and you need to photoshop a money shot on their band logo

• Members

you need to get a video of that and you need to photoshop a money shot on their band logo

And then take it to the next level: Print up a bunch of 8 1/2 X11 flyers with your band as the headliner and "also playing...",with the photoshopped shot:eek:...;)

Archived