Flight Cases

Droplaw621

• CMS Author

www.audiopile.net has an SVT-CL case for a great price. Excellent folks to deal with. Nobody makes what you're specifically asking for....you'll have to have a case custom-built, and expect to pay at least $500-600 for it. I'm frankly having a difficult time imagining how it would be built...amp cases are pullovers, so where would you put the rack spaces?

Besides, a power conditioner is a big waste of money and space. You get a filter cap to cut "noise", and a MOV that gives one-time surge protection, and no indication when it shot its load. True power conditioning and regulation costs more than your SVT, and requires a much bigger supply circuit than the 15 amp outlets you'll be using.

• Members

has an SVT-CL case for a great price. Excellent folks to deal with. Nobody makes what you're specifically asking for....you'll have to have a case custom-built, and expect to pay at least $500-600 for it. I'm frankly having a difficult time imagining how it would be built...amp cases are pullovers, so where would you put the rack spaces?

Besides, a power conditioner is a big waste of money and space. You get a filter cap to cut "noise", and a MOV that gives one-time surge protection, and no indication when it shot its load. True power conditioning and regulation costs more than your SVT, and requires a much bigger supply circuit than the 15 amp outlets you'll be using.

hahaha, I use a power conditioner that I got for free, I use it like a power strip. I know it doesn't do much, if anything:confused: Basically I just want to throw my rack tuner in a case with my head. I was envisioning one of those big bastards on wheels that hold the head above and have spaces for rack gear too. I just haven't seen one in a while. Just wondering if you guys have.

• Members

I have a Furman PL-PRO D 20 Amp unit.

Are you sayng that this provides no protection from spikes, transients, and noise?

Are you prediecting that in the event of a surge that it will "sacrifice" itself?

I know there are limits to how much current a device can provide protection from, but does that mean that it is useless in 90%+ of the cases?

Archived