WHich EMGs would you put in a fretless?

ThrashmetalErik

• Members

I put EMGs in my homebuilt bass. (OK, I only did all the woodwork and neck.) They're OK, but I like the electrics in my Fender jazz plus better. (And I still miss the precision that I used to have years ago.) I play the homebuilt mostly. (Has great sustain. Doesn't need a compressor for anything.) Let me know if you end up using something else that you like.

• Members

Wow , alot of emg hostility.

I also play guitar and i hate anything active in a guitar let alone EMGs

I also think that their passive stuff is a waste of time.

but I have a 35DC soapbar in my flying V (currently out of commission:mad:) that sounds pretty good even though i need a neck PU to balance it out.

Bartolinis sound like a good plan, i like them in ibanez soundgears. SO ill check them, their aren't any soundclips of their PJ sets or any set for that matter anyewere unless you guys have some. If you do post them by all means.

• Members

What is it about the bass' tone that you're not happy with, or want to change?

well One, their passive and i've grown into actives for bass

Two, their stock squire pickups, their really good for what they are, but compared to actives, its just no good. I want a tight punchy thick slap happy funk bass sound in this one. I dont think i can get that from passives.

Three, switching from active to passive on stage is a chore for me, i MUST re dail {censored}, and set the -15d button and it would be easier with bitckups that are at least semi similar.

Archived