OT: Version 1 of my Bands Website up

dert_stylus

• Members

Finally after months of delays we finally have our website up. The whole site was made up by the Lead singer. I think he did an excellent job.

Take a look and let me know if you guys would change or add anything to make a better. I am looking forward to your comments.

Thanks again for any input you can provide.:thu:

http://www.conflictinthesky.com/

• Members

Finally after months of delays we finally have our website up. The whole site was made up by the Lead singer. I think he did an excellent job.

Take a look and let me know if you guys would change or add anything to make a better. I am looking forward to your comments.

Thanks again for any input you can provide.
:thu:

http://www.conflictinthesky.com/

VERY cool! Your singer knows what he's doing.

Looks very high tech, only suggestion would be to make it more musical, if that makes sense. On the other hand, if it reflects your music (I have not listened) then it is RIGHT ON!

My band is getting ready to launch a site as well, VERY different since we play 50s and early 60s Rock.

• Members

VERY cool! Your singer knows what he's doing.

Looks very high tech, only suggestion would be to make it more musical, if that makes sense. On the other hand, if it reflects your music (I have not listened) then it is RIGHT ON!

My band is getting ready to launch a site as well, VERY different since we play 50s and early 60s Rock.

Cool thanks for the comments. Since the Music is a bit on the electronical side , we are trying to make as "monotone" as we can. We want it to be a more os a fan friendly site as opposed to a corporate site.

• Members

Its good. Personally, I dislike using "coming soon"/"under construction"/anyvariationofthat. If the video stuff isn't ready yet, just don't put the label there. Add it in once its ready.

Also, I agree with Jeff, about there being some unneccessary flash. Those navigation links could be acheived with CSS and it would be much more user friendly.

Also, my band's website was just re-released as well http://www.nixonnoise.com.

• Members

Its good. Personally, I dislike using "coming soon"/"under construction"/anyvariationofthat. If the video stuff isn't ready yet, just don't put the label there. Add it in once its ready.

Also, I agree with Jeff, about there being some unneccessary flash. Those navigation links could be acheived with CSS and it would be much more user friendly.

Also, my band's website was just re-released as well

Good point on the "Coming Soon" aspect, It does look like it clutters the site. Also I am not sure what "CSS" is but I will pass it along.

• Members

The designer/singer's reply:

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for everyone for their input. Definitely good to know what other people think. I wasn't prepared for it be unleashed on the masses though. Thanks Al! haha.

A couple of replies to comments I've read.

1. All Caps - I 100% agree. My style sheet got all messed up and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I hate the caps. I will fix this soon.

2. The flash nav bar - I used this out of convenience as I had a flash menu builder. This will eventually be replaced as it has already limited me in what I want to do. The main rotating banner section is actually just javascript/ajax. No flash there.

3. Speed. Still tryin to figure this one out. I believe it's related to the feeds. The news and blog sites are actually hosted externally on blogger just so we can easily post to it. I wasn't sure how to set something like that up myself and figured it would save on bandwidth down the road anyway.

My web design/programming skills are average at best, so I'm tryin to the best with what I have. I hope to improve as time goes on.

As always, additional tips are always welcome!

• Members

has too much flash, its really really heavy and takes alot of time to load... other then that, it looks great!

Thanks!

The load time could also be because I have the rotating images hosted on picasa instead of our webserver. I'll test later switching them out and see if it makes a difference. (it's javascript by the way :lol:)

• Members

i like the music alot too, although i think the bass should be louder in the mix... you guys are creative and have power... the vocals kinda remind me incubus, for some strange reason...

your vocalist sounds portuguese or something... but i like it all! keep up the great work!

• Members

i like the music alot too, although i think the bass should be louder in the mix... you guys are creative and have power... the vocals kinda remind me incubus, for some strange reason...

your vocalist sounds portuguese or something... but i like it all! keep up the great work!

I sound Portuguese? That's the first time I've heard that one! haha.

Thanks for the compliments. It's awesome to hear! All our stuff is home recorded for the time being, so we are working on giving it a little more punch. I guess I should have expected that when posted in the bass thread. haha.

Archived