What is the "snakelight" material called?

cavy

• Members

I would like to get my hands on that bendable material they use for snake lights and what not for a couple of ideas. Does anybody know the appropriate name for that stuff? And more importantly where I could buy it without acutually buying the lights??

• Members

cool! I actually don't need it to pass light or current. I just wanted the flexbile yet solid feel that the snakelight has.

Where have you seen mic stands with this material used? Are you thinking of mics for public speaking (podium mics?) My idea is along the lines of that....

• Members

I totally forgot about these!!

"Goose Neck" tubing?

Like this?

35-2051.jpg

Try here:

http://www.mcminone.com/search.asp?keyword=gooseneck&btnSubmit.x=0&btnSubmit.y=0&btnSubmit=GO

My father's band used to have tons of mics stands like this. I was going to update this old style using the more modern material from the snakelight. I thought that would be the ideal stand from micing almost everything except vocals: snare, guitar cabs, high-hat etc...

I also have a couple of other ideas on how to make the best mic stand ever.

I was going to look into making and perfecting it, then trying to get a patent, but I'll fill you in.

(just don't steal my ideas!)

As I mentioned above the stand would use the flexible material for the top half of the stand. Next, instead of using mic clips to hold the mic, I was going to create a strong XLR joint to eliminate the clip and allow the stand to be used with any mic.

Next, I was going to run the XLR end down through the stand to a jack a the bass, cleaning up the lines and getting extra cable out of the way.

Lastly, I was going try to get the best compromise of stability, space use, and ease of packing on the base....tripods take up alot of space, round bases are hard to pack after shows, etc...

Thoughts!?

Archived