So one of our ex-employees died on Monday...

RSBro

• Members

Whole long story, bad break up of people who left a month or so after I got here in 2005, and stole a lot of files and equipment, and tried to with clients but they would have none of it. Tried to sue our company, and all this. Stole a lot of A/R, no good things and lot of hatred and resentment left on the table. Plus he had been working for my dad for 10+ years, so needless to say we'd met. They all left about 2 months after I got here, so I never really worked with, just against, them.

But, apparently the guy had two surgeries for either lap band and lipo, or both were lipo. One was like 40+lbs and the other like 60+lbs, so I've heard. Guy was pretty effin' huge. But they found him in the shower Monday morning, and it was from a blood clot from the surgeries.

It's hard to feel sorry b/c I did so much of the work to help fight the ridiculous suits they brought and the guy was a total a-hole deluxe, but he did have two daughters under 15 and a wife, so that part of me goes out to them.

What REALLY bothers me however, is I'm probably having some cosmetic surgery next month or in January, and this is the second person I've known in the past few months that after a surgery has had problems with blood clots. It's kinda freaking me out. I hope I can find the dr who did it so I won't go to them!

:(

Anyhow, yeah. All around weird situation, and still unsure how to feel about him personally, but I do feel bad for his family...

• Members

bleh what cosmetic surgury are you having done, the only thing I would consider having done would be having my teeth capped much later in life?

it's a sad story in more ways than one, hope he had life insurance or something?

• Members

bleh what cosmetic surgury are you having done, the only thing I would consider having done would be having my teeth capped much later in life?

it's a sad story in more ways than one, hope he had life insurance or something?

It's kind of embarrassing actually, but I have gynecomastia, and have the opportunity to get it taken care of now so I'm going to. Of the 8% of the people in the US who have this, I get stuck w/ it, and my brother eats crap and junk and has a rock-chiseled physique. I don't even need lipo on my stomach or anything. Hell, I even have a 4-pack! Everyone I talk to said I don't need it, but I don't really care at this point.

• Members

Wow, 40 & 60# lipo sessions?!? That's crazy!

My wife works in the OR mostly with plastics docs and they won't do anything over 30# for a multitude of reasons, one of them clotting. All that fat getting sucked out has capillaries running through it keeping it alive. You start wrenching out all that plumbing and something's gonna go awry if you aren't careful.

• Members

Wow, 40 & 60# lipo sessions?!? That's crazy!

My wife works in the OR mostly with plastics docs and they won't do anything over 30# for a multitude of reasons, one of them clotting. All that fat getting sucked out has capillaries running through it keeping it alive. You start wrenching out all that plumbing and something's gonna go awry if you aren't careful.

Yeah, I thought it a bit excessive. I think maybe it was lap-band first, and then the lipo the 2 weeks later. That's why I'm not too worried about mine. Should only be a few pounds.

• Members

Yea, if you have 60# of moobage, then you have more troubles beyond appearances.
:D

I think this guy was close, and no I'm not joking. Last time I saw him he had to be pushing 350, if not more. Like when you wear collared shirts and the fat in your neck spills out over it onto the collar?

Yeah, that kinda deal.

• Members

I did. That was pretty rough.
:(

It's kind of embarrassing actually, but I have gynecomastia, and have the opportunity to get it taken care of now so I'm going to. Of the 8% of the people in the US who have this,

A friend of mine had that surgery, too. It really, really bothered him, and I can understand.

• Members

A friend of mine had that surgery, too. It really, really bothered him, and I can understand.

Yeah, I tell other people and they can't really even notice, and go "But you're not fat?" And I reply "Yeah, that's the point!".

Anyhow, here's hoping it all goes well.

Archived