Replacement speaker for Hartke Kickback 12....?

session_of_jam

• Members

So I just traded a Fender Power Chorus 2x12 guitar combo with this guy I hooked up with on craigslist for his Hartke Kickback 12 bass combo. I trusted him, he trusted me and we met at a location off the highway in the middle. When I got home, the cone is torn halfway off.

Maybe the "cone" is the wrong word. Its the (3" approx) black part in the center of the aluminum surround. Its got a huge tear in it, almost halfway around. Its at the base, or in other words the seem around the bottom of the 3" cone. What can I do? Can I just glue it back together? Should I get it reconed, or just replace the speaker?

Any Ideas?

• Members

Just did another inspection with the grill off. There really is no tear at all. That center cone piece is simply separating from the surround. Its like the adhesive didn't hold.

Really looks like it could be glued or something. Can this be done? I'm not really sure what the important factors are here.

• Members

As the name implies, the dustcap doesn't contribute to the sound in any way. It just sits there...keeping out the dust ;)

With conventional paper-cone woofers, you can just glue the dust cap back down. I've never done this myself, but I hear Krazy Glue does the trick.

I don't know if Krazy Glue will work on an aluminum speaker cone. But it doesn't hurt to try. Just use a couple of small drops around the edge. Apply with the tip of a toothpick. That should hold.

Emre

Archived