Recommendations

DelawareGuy

• Members

I'm thinking about buying my first real electric bass. I've been a casual guitar player for 25 years, just started playing bass this year. I play a Breedlove ABJ250/SM4 (4 string acoustic). I'm leaning towards a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee. Also thought about getting a more basic Fender Jazz or a Warwick. I like the BassAss II bridge a lot. I'm a little bit nervous about how flat the fretboard is. Don't know if I'll regret that, but my Breedlove is fairly flat, so I might like it. Not sure. I want a 4 string passive with a bolt-on neck that I will really love. Recommendations appreciated.

• Members

I'm leaning towards a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee. Also thought about getting a more basic Fender Jazz or a Warwick.

It's hard to go wrong with a Fender Jazz...especially one that's CIJ (Crafted in Japan) or MIJ (Made in Japan). Quality control is pretty damned good across the board with Japanese Fenders. And a Jazz is just an iconic bass with a very nice range of classic tones. Surprisingly versatile.

Go for it!

Emre

• Members

If you like the geddy lee, there is a chance you might like th Lakland Joe Osborne

Does the Joe Osborne have the super-thin neck of early 1970's Jazzes? Every Lakland I've played so far has had a pretty wide neck. But I've never tried one of their 4-string Jazzes.

Emre

• Members

You might want to look at the Fender Special's..They have 2 P bass Pick ups towards the neck and 1 Jazz at the bridge. You can blend the 2 with one control and the other 2 controls handle the Volume and Tone.

I have 2 one MIJ and anothe MIM...Like them both..You might want to check these out...

Hello Ebay!!!!

Archived