beginner- recommend me some practice songs

bassturd

• Members

older stuff like anything by the yardbirds like smokestack lightning, train kept rolling a lot of songs from that era sound really simple when you first listen to them and are once you have a feel for you instrament but they can be a challange to play for someone new.

• Members

J. S. Bach's Prelude for Suite 1 transcribed for bass from cello...............that oughta keep you busy for the next three years......................................or anything from the Rolling Stones....pretty easy {censored}. Remember they were {censored}ing high ALL of the time and couldn't handle more than three chords per song......................

anyways...........MERRY CHRISTMAS!

JOHNNY

• Members

What exactly is the deal with clicking on that OFFICIAL HC FEEDBACK THREAD?

Not happy, Jan.

EDIT

DO not click on that link.

It will take you to a malware site.

Refere the notice at the top of the forum from Anderton WARNING!! BEWARE OF POP-UPS!!

uhm... its a link to a harmony-central post its not 'malware' or anything... god read other posts there are problems with harmony-central its not my fault 'offical feedback thread' is a link to my references... if you're not happy with that... then sorry boutcha, nothin i can do about that

• Members

Well bastard:p just find a song you like and learn it learn scales and modes and get playing with other people ASAP and keep it fun or it will make you want to quit.

i dont have anyone to play with... too bad... id really like to one day

• Members

uhm... its a link to a harmony-central post its not 'malware' or anything... god read other posts there are problems with harmony-central its not my fault 'offical feedback thread' is a link to my references... if you're not happy with that... then sorry boutcha, nothin i can do about that

Actually, yes, it does bring up the malware pop-up.

It's the only window that's done that to me all day. And it did do it.

So, even though it may not be intentional on your part, there is something about that link that can bring up the malware popup.

Or, is it that any link may or may not bring up the malware popup, and we were just lucky?

• Members

It's the only window that's done that to me all day. And it did do it.

So, even though it may not be intentional on your part, there is something about that link that can bring up the malware popup.

Or, is it that any link may or may not bring up the malware popup, and we were just lucky?

well im not calling any of you liars but you can hover your mouse over it and see it's a link to the harmony-central post... so i dont know... i guess just dont click on it lol

• Members

well im not calling any of you liars but you can hover your mouse over it and see it's a link to the harmony-central post... so i dont know... i guess just dont click on it lol

yeah, not having a go at you, mate, but it does bring up a malware page.

I can see it should link to a HC page, but that isnt what it does anymore.

Perhaps you could take it away till all this gets resolved.

In the mean time, what kind of music do you like?

There is no point telling you to learn, rock stuff if you only enjoy classics or jazz.

My fave songs to learn to in the beginning were ramones songs, but that may not light your candle.

• Members

here are some Latin/Rock songs with really good bass lines:

you have to listen them

Caifanes (band):

Perdi mi ojo de venado

Miedo

Detras de ti (songs)

Elefante (band):

La planta (song)

Soda stereo (band):

Musica ligera (song)

Jaguares (band):

El aislamiento

Cuando la sangre galopa (songs)

awesome songs

• Members

yeah, not having a go at you, mate, but it does bring up a malware page.

I can see it should link to a HC page, but that isnt what it does anymore.

Perhaps you could take it away till all this gets resolved.

In the mean time, what kind of music do you like?

There is no point telling you to learn, rock stuff if you only enjoy classics or jazz.

My fave songs to learn to in the beginning were ramones songs, but that may not light your candle.

well... mostly i LOVE funk.... and slap funk... thats what really got me wanting to play bass... and i love fieldy from korn too.... so i kinda like it all.... ive been taking advise from the previous posters in the thread... heads up on the The Joker steve miller... thats an awesome bass song... and easy to play... ive been playin guitar for about 4 year.s.. so its helped me a little on my start with bass....

• Members

Dude, you come here asking for advice which is cool...it's found that a link in your sig is sending something unwanted to the people that click on it. When someone mentions it you post

if you're not happy with that... then sorry boutcha, nothin i can do about that

Huh...how about removing it from your {censored}in' signature till the problems fixed...for beginners is what you can do about it!!!

Sheesh :rolleyes:

• Members

Learn as many 8 and 12 bar blues patterns as you can. Two reasons:

1) Your musical vocabulary will increase by 50% just cause you can play most blues and old rock and roll,

2) understanding blues and how it works will make you understand song structure and form, and well as voice-leading. Once you know and understand those things, you can learn any song.

• Members

I would just add ZZtop stuff, really good to work your regularity. Lagrange boogie or Tush, these kind of songs.

Slap Bass is less about learning songs with slap bass in them than it is learning the technique, timing, touch, feel, and syncopation that goes with it --- Plus, nowadays, theres two distinct methods (A) Traditional Thumping and (B) Double Thumping which are two completely different animals...... If I were you, I would start by going to a site like YOU TUBE and searching for lessons on both methods and immerese yourself into the techniques...... You may favor one over the other....I can do both but I definitely prefer the traditional method over double-thumping

PLUS 1 to bassgeek and a +1 to basste above as well -- Id even add AC/DC

• 1 month later...
  • Members

yep beginner on bass just started 2 days ago... uhm.... ive learned queen - another one bites the dust and o`jays - for the money...... what are other good beginner bass songs?.... some funky/groovy stuff... slap bass stuff etc etc

Before learning how to play bass, maybe you should try learning to be an adult... and a man while you're at it. I just saw picture of the guitar you traded with another forum member for that bass your playing. After that, I think you should change your name from "Bassturd"... to just plain "Turd".

• Members

Before learning how to play bass, maybe you should try learning to be an adult... and a man while you're at it. I just saw picture of the guitar you traded with another forum member for that bass your playing. After that, I think you should change your name from "Bassturd"... to just plain "Turd".

You wouldn't be talking about this, would you?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1842337

Archived