Bass Wah

LoC

• Members

I am interested in purchasing a Wah Wah pedal. I have never used one but the sounds I have heard from it make it a very enticing piece of equipment. First and foremost, I remember reading that it is optimal to place any effects in an effects loop separate from the direct input jack so as to minimize sound quality distortions. Also, would this be possible as my Ampeg SVT-III would require me to run a cable all the way from the back of the amp to the ground (16+ feet including send and return) or would all the extra cable just hurt my sound more than simply running into a pedal and then into the amp?

After that dilemma, what Wah should I purchase with a maximum limit of $100? I don't exactly know what I want from the pedal other than a gritty, Burton-esque time sound. I guess I want something that adds color, increases mids, distorts a little, but keeps my overall sound intact.

• Members

Dunlop 105Q. Step on, step off. Nice range, nice resonant filtery sound at times. Much better IMHO than Morley. No experience with other wahs.

To get Cliff's kinda sound you need an old chrome power boost Morley, which are hard to come by. With a good distortion after a Dunlop 105Q you should be somewhere near the mark.

I used to like my black Morley wah/volume, but it has too much of a quacky sound.

• Members

Whatever they go for!

Can't get up clips, but if you've heard Cliff or Jason play, it sounds just like that.

(sorry for the thread hi-jack)

Well a 70's version went for $190

What power supply does it use, if I can use 9v mains or 9v battery we are cool... but if it's US mains then of course it's a nono.

Archived