I am thinking of moving to AZ.

psychobilly451

• Members
1) hot:D - lots of mexicans:D overall pretty nice, but brown. its a desert after all.

2) probably the nightlife and the club scene, its pretty good. mill avenue in tempe is a major hotspot if not the best area for nightlilfe because its right next to ASU. scottsdale's nightlife is nice too:thu:

3) lots of construction jobs if that's your trade. lots of jobs, period, especially in healthcare.

4) hunting you mainly have to travel out of the city for, its mainly in the deserts outside the city and in the northern part of the state. you have to get drawn to be able to hunt.

5)you can rent anywhere, apartments or houses, especially houses now that the market has slowed.

:wave:

what do they hunt in the desert out there?

• Members

Stop it. first snow of the season and you are realy to run???

what kind of New Yorker are you?

lol

I have been thinking of moving since before this storm. Like i said my sister in law moved to Scottsdale then Phoenix and for some reason the last time i talked to her moving there seemed like a possible good idea. except for the hunting!

• Members

I have been thinking of moving since before this storm. Like i said my sister in law moved to Scottsdale then Phoenix and for some reason the last time i talked to her moving there seemed like a possible good idea. except for the hunting!

I am just messing with ya, Neighbor :poke:

• Members

Big thing to keep in mind with Phoenix is that it's HUGE. there's 3 million people spread over almost the size of Los Angeles including the suburbs of both.

I'm in a city(Adelaide) of 1 million people that's a third bigger than LA, according to Wiki

• Members
I'm in a city(Adelaide) of 1 million people that's a third bigger than LA, according to Wiki

I think he meant that the Phx metropolitan area is gaining on the size of the LA metro. I'm pretty sure that the actual city limits of Phoenix itself, is larger than the city of Los Angeles (sq mileage-wise). I think Phx (and surrounding areas) is the third largest metro west of the Mississippi... behind LA and Salt Lake City... of course I'm not going to research that, because I'm lazy and intoxicated, but I thought I heard that somewhere.

It's big, it's hot, it's nasty... and then there's Phoenix. :badump:

• Members

Im getting ready to move to gilbert which is right outside phoenix. Calabrese is from there. They are a great band. Theres alot of outside {censored} to do and the tattoo artist are sick. Moving is easy just drive down the street with a bottle of tequilla and see who jumps in the back of your truck. thats where its at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

what do they hunt in the desert out there?

Check out huntaz.com

For big game, we have a huge elk population in the Northern part of the state, decent black bear and mule deer populations and small but huntable pronghorns. You can hunt cottontails and jacks year round, and squirrels in season. coyotes and cougars are an option (although I am not enthralled with that) and there is some wild turkey hunting, too

Don't forget the javelinas!

Archived