I did good!

tylytle

• Members

My best friend gave me an old Peavey Model 112 TS wedge monitor. You know, the one with the 2 bulllet tweeters and the port down one side..

I jerked out the tweeters, covered the holes with plywood from inside the cabinet and painted the new plywood. The Plywood also stablized the baffle.

Now I have a good sounding stage monitor for my bass.

Gigs like I have next weekend are small and my SVT410HLF is just to damn much. This is gonna be prefect! Hell I may use it all the time.

I may need to dump the square magnet speaker that is in it and pop in a 12" BW Down the road. But Hey, I am diggin it!

• Members

My best friend gave me an old Peavey Model 112 TS wedge monitor. You know, the one with the 2 bulllet tweeters and the port down one side..

I jerked out the tweeters, covered the holes with plywood from inside the cabinet and painted the new plywood. The Plywood also stablized the baffle.

Now I have a good sounding stage monitor for my bass.

Gigs like I have next weekend are small and my SVT410HLF is just to damn much. This is gonna be prefect! Hell I may use it all the time.

I may need to dump the square magnet speaker that is in it and pop in a 12" BW Down the road. But Hey, I am diggin it!

This is something I've also considered doing, as part of a build. Build a sweet 1x12 3-way stage cab, in an oversized box, and then build a sweet 2 way 1x12 wedge monitor to put in front of me. I often struggle to hear myself on stage unless I crank my mids; this would alleviate that I think.

C7

• Members

This is something I've also considered doing, as part of a build. Build a sweet 1x12 3-way stage cab, in an oversized box, and then build a sweet 2 way 1x12 wedge monitor to put in front of me. I often struggle to hear myself on stage unless I crank my mids; this would alleviate that I think.

C7

That may work. I am using this by itself. pointing in my face.

I am really suprised how loud and how low it sounds. Sounds as good as other 1 12 cabs I have heard.

Now I should be able to get the bass tone out of the mains that I am looking for with out my rig doing most of the work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived