Sterling 5 pictures

Undead Sycip

• Members

They kinda did but they were called SR5s. These seem to be much smaller than those beasts (and if you ever picked up an SR5 you'll know what I mean)

I've seen SOMETHING that looked like that before in a 5.... Played it too... I'm really confused.

• Members

Yeah, we have the SR5, which was alnico for a couple years, then was actually the Sterling 5, only called the Stingray 5. Now, we have an actual Sterling 5, so the SR5 can now be actually the SR5.

Leaving the Stingray 5 fans, those after 1992 and the alnico/ceramic switch, and those who were playing the actual Sterling 5, to now need a Sterling 5 to actually have the Stingray 5 they have come to know and love.

PS I have GAS for it, too. All of them are great.

• Members

I'm sure you'll be able to get any config you want...including an HH version and a non-painted headstock. I'm not a fan of the painted headstocks either.

I'm not a 5 stringer either, but this does look good. Never really liked the look of the SR5 and that weird pick-guard. Just didn't look right to me. I LOVE the 20th anniversary SR5 though with NO pickguard.

Archived