How was your NYE gig?

mike fitzwell

• Members

Not too bad I guess...

15 people...at a youth group party...free pizza!!!!! w0000hoooo

I met a girl...who I'm probably going to go see tomorrow since practice was canceled.

Buttt, even though it was a small crowd, we had fun playing, and got paid $200 to do it! We played almost 2 full hours too. I had that place THUMPIN HARD with the 215.....mmmmm bassy goodness.

• Members

I had the night off, and decided to stay in with the GF, and save a few $$$, and possibly a DWI - had some good food, good beer, and got some... I've had worse NYEs, and on the bright side - I saved enough $$$ to fund some band-type purchases later this week... I WILL say that I'll be looking to book something for the next NYE, though - I really do like gigging that night...

- georgestrings

• Members

We played at a place out in the middle of nowhere. When we got there, I thought to myself "ain't gonna be anyone here". But I did not care, they were paying us to be there. Turns out he was booked solid and the was about 200 people there, it was a small place. Had a great time, he told the girl at the beer trough next to the stage to give us what we wanted. Needless to say, I got paid to play and drink lots of beer. It was great.

• Members

Played a private party about 2 blocks from my house. Couldn't have gone any better. Knew everyone there, got the big bucks, drank for free all night and walked home about 3 a.m. without worrying about the cops! Well, might have gone even better if I brought one of the girls home from the party, babes everywhere!

Mr. Matt

Archived