Got my new knives tonight!!

bassesofalessergod

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

plus we got a free all-clad panini press with purchase.
:cool:

I've got the Cuisnart one. Pain to clean up. It makes great pancakes though. The paninis are pretty good. I made one with sour dough bread, sun dried tomato spread, peppered turkey, roasted red pepper and some of that spreadable garlicky cheese stuff. Pretty good.

• Members

i'm a gay.
:(
i think i'm actually more excited abou tthe deal!

we jews like deals!!!!

the deal sounds great.

Bravo.

BUt the excitement you received about knives, pans and measuring cups is way out of line.

I reckon someone has knocked off your user name and password.

• Members

That's a lot of knives to overcompensate for your new pansiness with spoons and pots. :D

I seem to recall someone arguing here that you only need about four or five good kitchen knives (steak cutlery excepted)...

Cleaver

Bread knife

Slicer

Parer

and maybe a boning knife. maybe.

And they was right! :wave:

The rest are just {censored}s and giggles for the merchant who sold you more than you need or want. :p

• Members

Those are some sweet knives. I tried to find a Ken Shun chef's knife at the local cutlery shop a few days ago, but all they had were a couple steak knives. They look like they'd be really comfortable to hold/use, not to mention holding an edge well. One of the coolest things I've seen is the guard on the sharpening steel that's angled to hone the edge at the same angle as it's sharpened at.

Aren't Ken Shun knives sharpened at a different angle than most knives? Do you have to send them back to the factory to have them sharpened?

I think I'm more jealous of your knife collection than your bass collection.

• Members

That's a lot of knives to overcompensate for your new pansiness with spoons and pots.
:D

I seem to recall someone arguing here that you only need about four or five good kitchen knives (steak cutlery excepted)...

Cleaver

Bread knife

Slicer

Parer

And they was right!
:wave:

The rest are just {censored}s and giggles for the merchant who sold you more than you need or want.
:p

I think you need a chef's knife as well.

Dan

• Members

Cleaver

Bread knife

Slicer

Parer

That was probably me. I was a chef until my recent career change. The Ken Onion knives are the real deal. I always had wrist problems doing 10 hours worth of slicing, until I got the Ken Onion. There is no better buy out there until you go custom knives, imo. Buy and learn to use a whetstone and a steel, and those things will get razor sharp and last you forever, treated well.

Whenever someone asks me about knives, I always ask if they want to do it right, or get good knives for a reasonable price. Done right, it's the Ken Onions, without a doubt. Other Shun knives are a close substution. Good knives would be Globals, and for the price, Victorianox. Notice that there's nothing German mentioned!

• Members

all-clad is a brand!
:mad:

enameled is for poseur wannabes.

Yea (belly bops BOALG)? Wanna cook something nice/slow/even? I'll take my Le Creuset over SS any day.

And p.s. Calphalon (Aluminum) heats more evenly than SS. That's why All Clad has to laminate aluminum or copper as a core.

neener neener....

Archived