I'm shocked!

el_duderino676

• Members

now I don't know much about basses (I am still elementary here) but the person added:

"On Jan-05-08 at 06:09:38 PST, seller added the following information:

I've been informed that this is a Greco Bass, Model RB1000R, 1975."

Does that help any?

It helps us as far as which manufacturer made the copy, yes.

There's a dedicated group of people on the Rickenbacker company forum who seek out Ebay listings of copies of Ric instruments and get them pulled due to "copyright infringement," usually because the seller of the copy lists the bass as a "4001" or "Ric" or something relating to the genuine article.

Since this bass isn't listed as anything resembling a Ric, it has a chance of selling.

• Members

It helps us as far as which manufacturer made the copy, yes.

There's a dedicated group of people on the Rickenbacker company forum who seek out Ebay listings of copies of Ric instruments and get them pulled due to "copyright infringement," usually because the seller of the copy lists the bass as a "4001" or "Ric" or something relating to the genuine article.

Since this bass isn't listed as anything resembling a Ric, it has a chance of selling.

actually,

just having a picture of a bass that looks like a ric is enough to get it pulled.

• Members

that is the way Selena's estate does things. If it is not licensed a Selena family or approved by the estate product it will get pulled. I had some photos taken of Corpus area on CD-rom that I was selling like hotcakes and they pulled the listing one day..pissed me off. Just because I had Selena in the listing. {censored}, they were pictures that I took of the public sites-and they pull it. But I outwit them, I sold something else I had a bunch of on her (newspaper) and threw that cd-rom as a bonus. I may of not been able to "sell it" but they didn't say I couldn't give it away! The bonus is what the people wanted!

• Moderators

Bwahahaha.

aren't you a ric owner? isn't that insubordination? i thought you guys were all "hail to the chief" all the time?

I love the bass, but it is such a flawed design and flawed implementation... It is a lot like loving a grade school kid's paintings.

• Moderators

are you implying that the ric is thpecial?

you're getting burned at the stake:cop:

Bring it. The reality is it is a cool instrument with about 37 reasons it is poorly designed and made. Anyone that isn't sucking from the Hall teet would easily come to the same conclusion.

• Members

Tbroom's tele bass. And I just dropped the T-40 again. I actually messed it up worse this time...
:eek:
Damn.

aaah cool. did it help?

quit dropping the laptop man.you're gonna end up having to send it down here for me to fix and i'm gonna charge you through the nose for it.

:rolleyes:

Archived