so i've been playing the steinberger XP a bit lately.....

bassesofalessergod

• Members

I had someone tell me once that I sold a cab too that he has an original Steinie and a 60's/70's Fender, and has to limit himself to the Steinie or he'd never pick up his P.

Maybe I should get one someday, since I'm into graphite and all...

• Members

I have to agree about the sound of the Steinbergers. I had an early XL-2A (with an active preamp, not very common) and it sounded fantastic.

The littleness of the bass and the crazy pivot plate made it uncomfortable to play on a strap. I ended up selling it to fund the Quake.

• Members

yeah, i can see how you wouldn't be interested.

i wasn't playing Mustang Sally.

Again with the Mustang Sally reference. As I've said before, I've never played that piece of {censored}.

I can only hope that your playing is slightly more creative, but I doubt it.

• Members

i almost did it again on the "e" but i went with Safety Dance.....
;)

Weak sauce.

For future reference, I Touch Myself is a way funnier cover reference. Especially since I sing that one.

I always envision my Hebrew honey when I sing that one.

• Members

I have to agree about the sound of the Steinbergers. I had an early XL-2A (with an active preamp, not very common) and it sounded fantastic.

The littleness of the bass and the crazy pivot plate made it uncomfortable to play on a strap. I ended up selling it to fund the Quake.

i keep playing two frets up though because of the lack of a headstock!

• Members

I have been gassing for one of the new Steinie XQ's forever now :(

They just look so awesome. Ever since I got my modulus and fell in love with graphite, I've had a mad on for a steinberger. Doh.

Maybe when the wife graduates college I'll get myself a present :p

• Members

This was my experience with the Steinies too. There just wasn't enough bass there......and I don't mean frequency- wise...... but they were phanominal instruments, and they went really well with my parachute pants and Peter Pan Boots!

Archived