Yay or nay? eBay content

RSBro

• Members

I really like mine. The body shape was weird at first...cause it's tiny, but it grew on me really quick. Personally, I'd wanna play it first...and hear it with those basslines...but it's a sweet price, so I can't argue that.

The green flecks are just the picture. They have a very woody fretboard...so it's just light refracting in some swap gas...

• Members

In the description I read it as
"intonation is dead on every fret on every string!"

Yeah, I saw that too. :) No wonder no one has bid! ;)

Well I'm gonna think on it today and then prolly jump it. There's a 98 on TB right now for $100 more and is the same, bolt on w/ Basslines, etc..

I think Stefan's had Barts in it, but I know those Basslines are some sweet ass pickups.

• Members

I really, really like those things but, if I was to buy one, it'd be a neck through. The headstock wants to hang down a bit to low for me on the bolt ons.

Yeah, I'd probably agree w/ you except I haven't seen a NT 6 for sale in like, ever. :)

I think there was one on TB not terribly long ago, but that was pretty much it.

• Members

I played the neck through and the BO 5er. Honestly, there wasn't too much of difference in feel. I couldn't crank it, as it was on black Friday that I was trying them out, so I'm not sure how different they sounded. They both had the same pickups and electronics too...

I'm just not sure the extra $1K justifies it or not. The BO is plenty cool...I promise.

• Members

I played the neck through and the BO 5er. Honestly, there wasn't too much of difference in feel. I couldn't crank it, as it was on black Friday that I was trying them out, so I'm not sure how different they sounded. They both had the same pickups and electronics too...

I'm just not sure the extra $1K justifies it or not. The BO is plenty cool...I promise.

...and with the save! :thu:

The woods are my main concern. This one is wenge/wenge on the neck, so had to be made before the switch to ovangkol, which I know isn't a huge deal, but still.

• Members

I've always wanted one of their neck throughs too...so it's not a biased opinion in the least. I still want one...but for that much money, I'll get my Sadowsky NYC.

Yeah they ain't cheap, even if you can find one! Maybe someday. I still have feelers out there. I think Fonzie's was a 93, as they recorded "UTT&D" in 94, and he had the Thumb 6 and Dolphin 4 for that one.

Didn't they used to come stock w/ Barts also?

• Members

Didn't they used to come stock w/ Barts also?

I'm not sure. Mine has the MEC pickups in it...and they're really not that bad. I'm gonna swap out the preamp soon enough and see what that does...and if I'm still not happy I'll do the pickups as well. It's not even that I'm not happy with it in the least. My whole band thinks it's the best sounding bass out of the bunch...and that's kinda saying something. Well...best for the metal thing at least. It's got a really gritty, edgy type of sound to it.

With my amp EQ'd the same for every bass:

Modulus = Smooth

Stingray = Getting gritty

Thumb = Gritty

• Members

To be honest I just want some diversity. When my Q5 comes in I know I won't be playing much else, and always wanted one of these and they just track so damn good it's hard to pass up. I'm not really even gigging right now so that may be some of it, I donno. :)

• Members

It takes stones to upfront ask for that, especially on an eBay auction. But unless he plans on reimbursing me for all PP fees I've flushed away in the last 5 years, I ain't listenin' yet...

I can't wait to get this thing in. It should be pretty darned fun! :cool:

Archived