Fast 2 finger triplets

Mooska

• Members

I'm doing the song Stormrider by Iced Earth. I ran into some fast triplets that my two fingers just can't handle. I'm still kinda new to bass, so my question is can I get my fingers to do patterns super fast, such as straight triplets, or am I going to have to learn to play with 3 fingers, or even worse..... a pick?

Thanks

• Members

speed with your fingers will take time , but one thing you could do( that my teacher teached me back in the day) is just use your index finger flicking it back and forth . doesn't sound that even cos of the finger nail but not to bad with other intruments

• Members

speed with your fingers will take time , but one thing you could do( that my teacher teached me back in the day) is just use your index finger flicking it back and forth . doesn't sound that even cos of the finger nail but not to bad with other intruments

I met a metal bassist once who learned to do this with all 4 fingers, and he even learned different patterns so he could utilize the sound of his nails hitting:

method 1) 1d-2d-3d-4d-1u-2u-3u-4u

method 2) 1d-1u-2d-2u-3d-3u-4d-4u

etc

He could even do this changing strings mid-run... :eek:

• Members

I'm doing the song Stormrider by Iced Earth. I ran into some fast triplets that my two fingers just can't handle. I'm still kinda new to bass, so my question is can I get my fingers to do patterns super fast, such as straight triplets, or am I going to have to learn to play with 3 fingers, or even worse..... a pick?

Thanks

First up: nothing wrong with playing with a pick.

Secondly, it just takes a ton of practise and since you're kinda new, don't worry, you'll get there in the end.

And FYI if you look at the Alive In Athens video James McConaugh (sp?) uses 3 fingers for all that sorta stuff.

• Members

Thanks

three finger

Archived