Entwistle Isolated

DevilRaysFan

• Members

The first album I had was a greatest hits 2-Album set on vinyl. I now have the same one on cd. I am not sure the Who ever mastered the art of the album except for Tommy.

I would strongly disagree. Sell Out, Tommy, and Quadrophenia are all brilliant concept albums, with almost no filler at all. I'd listen to any of them over Who's Next, which I think has a fair amount of mediocre songs overshadowed by amazing ones.

• Members

which I think has a fair amount of mediocre songs overshadowed by amazing ones.

While I would not disagree in principle, I did not list Who's Next. The one I had (Who's better, Who's best) suffers only slightly from this statement, but shows a 15 year progression of the band from its Mod days to its post Moon days. This statement may well be true of Who's Next. While I have not heard "The Ultimate Collection" it looks like they did the same thing there as in Who's Better, Who's Best. It gives a better overview of the Who than any single album that captures this band at any one moment.

Then, with an overview in place, you can go back and listen to stuff from each "era" of the band.

Archived