NGD - New Bass

musicman65

• Members

:thu:

Well, I finally got a replacement for an old Ovation electric bass I gave to my son in college. Was going to just borrow it back for my recording (now that I'm retired). Took an early retirement package in September and have been getting back into music and recording now that I have more time.

Been playing since I was 10 years old (in 1957). Mainly a guitar player and played in bands from Jr. High until I retired from a bluegrass band that I played mandolin in. Up until the bluegrass band I mainly played rock and roll music (they are the oldies now, but then they were new).

I have written quite a number of songs (mainly acoustic stuff). I have been recording them, the old 50's & early 60's rock instrumentals, and some of the old standards from the 30's and 40's. Just didn't have a bass.

I picked up an SX SPJ-62 in sunburst from Rondo music. I had read a lot of good things about him and his instruments here on the forums, so decided to give it a shot. I am very pleassed with this bass. Not being mainly a bass player I didn't want to put too much money in a bass. It arrived yesterday. This bass exceeded my expectations for a $119 instrument. Put new strings on it and am having a ball with it. Good service from Rondo music as well. Makes me want to pick up that Butterscotch Tele he has for like $105!

;)

• Members

Happy retirement! I did the same this month after 35 years. Geez, I was only half your age in '57! I got into the Rondo buying frenzy a year ago:

SX SPB-62 P-bass (since sold)

SX SJB-62 short-scale J-bass (since sold)

short-scale Les Paul (still have)

SX SST57 Strat (still have)

All the above were sunburst. I may buy another bass from them again.

Archived