Bassmanatlarge (BMAL) (JAF Basses) Health Update

Low Tone

• Members

For those of you who don't post over on eBassist and know Al (Bassmanatlarge/BMAL), he suffered a minor stroke a little over a week ago. It has affected his right side some and made his speach somewhat slurred. He is currently in Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Nova Scotia.

He called us last night and we spoke with him again today. He says that after he finishes the current basses he is working on, he will probably stop building them due to doctor's orders. Those of us with JAFs will have limited collector's items.

He seems to be in fairly good spirits, however. He is hoping his physical therapy will go well enough that he can plan a motorcycle trip through the States this summer and is daring Thunderbroom to come up to Nova Scotia for a rematch on the pool table.

I thought that I would post this here so that those of you who wish can keep him in your thoughts and prayers and maybe send a few extra healing vibes his way.

• Members

For those of you who don't post over on eBassist and know Al (Bassmanatlarge/BMAL), he suffered a minor stroke a little over a week ago. It has affected his right side some and made his speach somewhat slurred. He is currently in Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Nova Scotia.

He called us last night and we spoke with him again today. He says that after he finishes the current basses he is working on, he will probably stop building them due to doctor's orders. Those of us with JAFs will have limited collector's items.

He seems to be in fairly good spirits, however. He is hoping his physical therapy will go well enough that he can plan a motorcycle trip through the States this summer and is daring Thunderbroom to come up to Nova Scotia for a rematch on the pool table.

I thought that I would post this here so that those of you who wish can keep him in your thoughts and prayers and maybe send a few extra healing vibes his way.

Get well, Al!!! Too bad 'bout the end of the JAF's, geez. . .. .didn't ever get around to getting one either. :(

• Members

daring Thunderbroom to come up to Nova Scotia for a rematch on the pool table.

I'd hate to whip that old man's ass on his home turf.

:D

For those not in the know, on BMAL's last trip through the US, bassman1956, bpocall, BMAL and I got together for some brews and some pool. Al's a cool dude. It was fun hanging with him.

Bill...please ask Marla to give Al my best.

:)

Archived