Band Aggrivation

T-40

• Members

There is a local band here in town that I have been trying to score an audition with for months. They finally messaged me through MySpace about mid December saying that they were interested in talking with me and seeing how I fit the band after the Christmas holiday was over. I messaged back, told them I was game and lost a good drummer I had lined up in the process. Two days after Christmas I get another MySpace message saying they were working up some new stuff and would get in touch soon. I messaged back again and said I was ready, willing and able. Nothing for a few more weeks. I PM'ed them again to see what was up. Finally, last weekend I get another MySapce message from the lead guitarist wanting to know what my schdeule was for this weekend and they would try to get a time set up for us to meet. I PM'ed them my schedule Sunday night and not a word back since. It's now Thursday. I've got a drummer and a couple of guitarists on hold waiting to hear back from these guys.

If I haven't heard from 'em by Friday, screw it. I'll find out if this new drummer still wants to get together. As bad as I wanted to be a part of this band, I'm done waiting and blowing off other opportunities for it.

• Members

Yeah...that's annoying! No offense to the good ones here...but musicians are some of the most unreliable people on the face of the planet.

We're going through the same thing with singers...but it's the other way around. They find us, tell us how great everything is and how they'd like to be a part of it...we set up a time to jam...and they don't show up. It's happened like 7 times in the last 6 months!

• Members

I've been in similar situations. People LOVE to talk about what is GOING TO happen or what they are GOING TO do, etc. etc..

I say give them a little time and then move on to what you want to do. Even maybe let them know in a nice way that you have other stuff you're waiting on but not forever.

• Members

Even maybe let them know in a nice way that you have other stuff you're waiting on but not forever.

I snet them a PM last night that politely mentioned they were holding up the works and I had other people wanting to jam if they weren't down with it. We'll see if I get a response today or not.

• Members

I snet them a PM last night that politely mentioned they were holding up the works and I had other people wanting to jam if they weren't down with it. We'll see if I get a response today or not.

The way I see it they certainly owe you an immediate response.

I have to agree that musicians can be really flakey. I found out Tuesday night at rehearsal that our guitarist failed to let a singer know that we were not going to need her anymore. He had told us all that he would take care of it. This was in Dec. I finally remembered to ask him how that conversation went, and he told me he never called her. I felt horrible! I shot her an email apologizing today. Embarrassing!

• Members

The way I see it they certainly owe you an immediate response.

I have to agree that musicians can be really flakey. I found out Tuesday night at rehearsal that our guitarist failed to let a singer know that we were not going to need her anymore. He had told us all that he would take care of it. This was in Dec. I finally remembered to ask him how that conversation went, and he told me he never called her. I felt horrible! I shot her an email apologizing today. Embarrassing!

Why did she stop showing up if he never told her she was out? :confused:

• Members

Dammit.

They never did call me so I got ahold of the drummer.

I talk to him for awhile and he's down for a jam session tomorrow afternoon and has a buddy that plays guitar. Plus practice space. I think this is good because that means we could damn near have a band right out of the gate.

Then the guy tells me he is only interested in doing occassional jams on the weekends. He doesn't want a full time band with regular practices or to play any gigs.

WTF?

My add clearly stated I wanted to have a regular weekend practice and play out once or twice a month.

I'm gonna go jam with him anyway since I have nothing better going on tomorrow afternoon.

What the hell does a guy have to do to find a working band in this town???

Archived