Has anyone talked about this yet?

Joey Joe Joe

• Members

the best is when he is talking about how only scientologists can help at accidents. um... id rather some paramedics myself.

that cheesy mission impossible ripoff background music does not help anything.

bye bye tom's career.

I was wondering about the music in the background. I think that

• Members

Ya know... there's not a whole lot about Scientology that I haven't heard from Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism... and even from self-rightuous doctors and lawyers who think THEY have all the answers to the world's problems.

Everyone thinks they know what is best. The only difference is, Scientology is foreign to us self-proclaimed "normal" people. So we're afraid of it.

• Members

I don't care what anyone says about it, L. Ron Hubbard was a genus.

Write a crappy Sci-Fi novel that doesn't sell work crap. Failure.

Create a new religion based on your crappy sci-fi novel. Pure Gold.

They must make tons of cash from tithes from the actors and famous people that got sucked into this monkey business.

It's BRILLIANT! :love:

• Members

This religion has secret levels. I don't know of any sevret levels in christianity or judaism. I have found secret levels in Zelda though. :D

also, this is a little goofy:

Among these advanced teachings, one episode revealed to those who reach OT level III is the story of Xenu (sometimes Xemu), introduced as an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy." According to this story, 75 million years ago Xenu brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together, stuck to the bodies of the living and continue to do this today. Hubbard called these clustered spirits "Body Thetans," and advanced-level Scientologists place considerable emphasis on isolating these alien souls and neutralizing their ill effects. Scientologists have argued, however, that published accounts of the Xenu story and other teachings are presented out of context for the purpose of ridiculing their religion.

• Members

This religion has secret levels.

If you know about them... then how are they "secret"?

I don't know of any sevret levels in christianity or judaism.

If you don't know about them... well... you figure it out. :D

Seriously though... I'm not here to argue the "scare-factor" of this, or any other religion because it's all relative.

The fact is... a lot of people know very little about it. Hell... they know very little about their own religions. But they dismiss it because it's foreign to them. They dismiss it because it's unusual for a high profile actor to state his beliefs among a national audience. And consequently, anytime someone has, they are considered "creepy".

• Members

It's because it's a "new" religion. The older the religion...no matter how goofy it sounds, is generally accepted.

I mean, if you take a religion that believes that a guy died, then came back to life...who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove and evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because this woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree....that sounds kinda goofy doesn't it?

• Members

It's because it's a "new" religion. The older the religion...no matter how goofy it sounds, is generally accepted.

I mean, if you take a religion that believes that a guy died, then came back to life...who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove and evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because this woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree....that sounds kinda goofy doesn't it?

I never saw this coming... :p

Archived