NHL: Leafs fire GM Ferguson

Joey Joe Joe

• Members

Naw, the Buckeyes are worse than you think.
:D

impossible. i watched both games last weekend. msu won 4-1 an 4-0 and never looked that good. i kept wondering how osu ever beat michigan. it just seems inconceivable except for that it actually happened.

robb.

• Members

Nashville did crap-all in the playoffs last year, but it certainly wasn't Forsberg's fault. He's one of the few Nashville players that performed as expected in the playoffs. Yeah, the injuries have decreased his performance, but he was still fantastic while he was in a Preds jersey.

Do you have some sort of internet monitor that alerts you every time I mention the Preds?? ;) I knew you

• Members

They gave up two draft picks, and two players. But the players were Upshall (a winger who showed flashes of talent but couldn't break into the Preds lineup consistently after years of trying, and who is fairly injury-prone) and I believe Parent, a D-prospect among a sea of Predators D prospects (case in point, the team is carrying EIGHT defensemen on their roster right now including two rookies). So the players they gave up are not too worrisome.

The first-round pick was returned to Nashville over the summer in exchange for the rights to restricted free agents Timmonen and Hartnell, who the team wasn't going to re-sign anyway due to salary considerations.

So, basically, Nashville got Forsberg for the playoffs in exchange for a second-round pick, two players that couldn't break onto the Nashville roster, and two players they were going to lose anyway.

I consider it a good trade. :)

And no, I don't have a program that alerts me. :p I just pay attention to NHL threads.

Archived