any of you did this?

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

The band that used to play at the club I hang at, the keyboard player had some of the bass programed in his keyboard or something. Anyways, one day, the bass player and I were talking and the band had went on stage and started playing. I asked him one question: "okay....if you are here, and they are there, who is playing the bass?" he dropped his beer and ran up on stage. They started without him and the keyboardist had started "playing" for him. The bass player is a drunk and perhaps they did that in case he ever couldn't play or something. IDK. But this was to a hip hop song (The way you move by the Outkast) and the DJ sometime play that original song, so I guess he wasn't paying attention and thought it was the DJ's version.

So, any of ya done anything like that?

That one thread about keyboard playing bass made me remember about this! :lol:

• Members

Not recently.

Closest I got was last year when we had a keyboard player sit-in with us. Everything was fine until he started playing bass lines with his left hand. Our singer went over to him and said something to the effect "Look pal, HE's the bass player and you're the keyboard player".

Had a drummer decades ago that a drum machine would've been handy as a replacement for.

• Members

I rememder seeing Pavement a few times, and they used to have a spare drummer (I think he doubled as a roady or something), because their drummer had a tendency to stop playing and start doing headstands on stage (midsong), or just to wander off into the crowd when the urge took him.

Archived