Tea?

ec437

• Members

Here's my 2c.

I like tea, but I'm addicted to coffee. I shouldn't drink coffee. It wastes on me. I just fall asleep. Tea stops me from falling asleep.

So the teas I prefer are Ceylon Gold(which has a bit of honey added for a sweeter flavor), Darjeeling(recently, but I still haven't found the right one), Sencha(my favs are with cactus or plums and gin-seng. not flavored mind you, with pieces of fruit). I also do Yerba when I'm in the mood. You should try it sometimes. It comes in cheap 0.5kg bags
:)
It tastes like crap, smells like cigarettes if it's made too strong, but it's great.

The second thing is don't settle for the cheap stuff in Walmart. Find a store that you can ask to get a whiff, to see the tea, to smell it, to talk about it. Buy a few. Drink and buy different ones. Write down which ones you liked.

For heavens sake! Don't use sugar! It really takes away from the wonderful flavors you could be experiencing when dealing with good tea. No sweeteners unless it tastes like crap
That's the only reason to use sweeteners
:D

As for brewing, I'm not really into it. I brew my black teas with almost boiling water and just leave them standing. As for green teas it's better to wait two minutes after boiling the water before pouring it onto the tea. I believe the Japanese way is to pour boiling water, let it stand, then pour it out, and brew it again so it's not as strong. Yerba is a totally different story
(it's not even tea actually)

I think this topic is going nowhere, so PM me if you have questions. Glad to be of service.

You have WalMarts in Poland???

Damn you, Sam Walton's kids :mad:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You have WalMarts in Poland???

Damn you, Sam Walton's kids
:mad:

Not yet we don't :p It was just to give a basic meaning.

Didn't I mention I lived in Pennsylvania for 5 years? :)

As to the replies I got, the man asked for my thoughts on tea so I gave them. I'm not trying to make you already maniacal tea drinkers change your habits. I like my tea this way. You like yours your way, no problem in that. Enjoy your cup of tea wherever you like, whatever you like, and however you like it. And that's the way the cookie crumbles :D

• Members
Not yet we don't
:p
It was just to give a basic meaning.

Didn't I mention I lived in Pennsylvania for 5 years?

As to the replies I got, the man asked for my thoughts on tea so I gave them. I'm not trying to make you already maniacal tea drinkers change your habits. I like my tea this way. You like yours your way, no problem in that. Enjoy your cup of tea wherever you like, whatever you like, and however you like it. And that's the way the cookie crumbles
:D

Thank you, sir, for your opinion on tea. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I will now begin journey of determining why people like the teas that they like:freak:

Archived