BP Burdiwarriner 16x5 cab

Rowka

• Members
I would love to roll up to a gig with something like that.

"Hey soundguy, I'd like it if you could dial in some midrange tone through the PA, because I ain't gettin' none up here.":D

C7

Yeah, tell 'em you need it to get your tone. You can't settle for a single 18" or an 18" tilted up towards your head. It must be the full (8) 18"s; nothing else will do.:p;)

• Members

True.

MLWCab.jpg

hmmmm.

i have a few points to make.....

The bracing is of extreme importance. You need them from baffle to back to stabilze the baffle, some horizontally across the back and sides should be added too as well as a couple added to the top and bottom. The large expanses of unbraced panels you have there will vibrate like crazy cancelling out frequencies leaving you wondering why this huge cab sounds so quiet and hollow. No need for disgust yet, you can add all this now before covering, padding and drivers.

• Members

hmmmm.

i have a few points to make.....

The bracing is of extreme importance. You need them from baffle to back to stabilze the baffle, some horizontally across the back and sides should be added too as well as a couple added to the top and bottom. The large expanses of unbraced panels you have there will vibrate like crazy cancelling out frequencies leaving you wondering why this huge cab sounds so quiet and hollow. No need for disgust yet, you can add all this now before covering, padding and drivers.

You're absolutely right, this cab is going to suck. I should have just built a F!tzm@ur!c3 cab.

• Members

I think it's a way cool concept. I'll probably end up buying it from Matt when his GAS gets the better of thim.
:D

Enjoy your trip to KC. It will probably cost you less to drive round trip than it will to ship this beast. The cab alone weighs 50 pounds. Each driver weighs about 2 pounds and I've got no less than a couple hundred thousand picofarads stuffed in it, so it will weigh around 90 pounds when all is said and done.

• Members

Enjoy your trip to KC. It will probably cost you less to drive round trip than it will to ship this beast. The cab alone weighs 50 pounds. Each driver weighs about 2 pounds and I've got no less than a couple hundred thousand picofarads stuffed in it, so it will weigh around 90 pounds when all is said and done.

Needs more picofarads..............

• Members

I would love to roll up to a gig with something like that.

"Hey soundguy, I'd like it if you could dial in some midrange tone through the PA, because I ain't gettin' none up here.":D

C7

I knew a guy with a rig like that. He used an Ampeg pre into a Carver power amp, through five 1x18 cabs stacked like a big pyramid (three on bottom, two in the middle, one on top). I'm totally serious.

• Members

I knew a guy with a rig like that. He used an Ampeg pre into a Carver power amp, through five 1x18 cabs stacked like a big pyramid (three on bottom, two in the middle, one on top). I'm totally serious.

That's six. I'm totally serious.

• Members

How did you calculate the dimensions for the ports at the bottom?

you'll have to get that from burdi. he did all of the brainwork on it, and the woodcutting part. he flat-packed it all and shipped it to me. i've got the drivers here, and the rest of the materials necessary for building/loading/wiring/covering this beast.

takeout is planning to help, AFAIK, to make sure that it's as well-built as it is well-designed.

review(s) to follow.

Archived