What is this cab worth?

parsons

• Members

I have the cab pictured below. I got it for free. I replaced 2 of the speakers with OEM Fenders. It works flawlessly. Horn works fine. There is a very minor tear in the Tolex and other than that its in great shape.

The reason I ask is that Im looking to sell it locally to finance my purchase of an SVT-410HE to my the SVT-115 that I already use with this. The only other thing I can tell is that I know this thing is around 10 years old or older. I dont know where its made.

bassman410Hcab.jpg

The newer cheaply made Bassman 410s have carpet on them and they dont come close to sounding as good as the this older one that I have.

So what do you guys think I should ask for it?

• Members

I saw a fender bassman 410 cab that looked similar on musicians friend for $400.00 new. If you posted that thing on e- bay you might get $200?. But something that size costs $$$ to ship.

I would only sell it locally because of its size unless someone wanted to pay shipping costs. If youre talking about this cab:

543708.jpg

these are cheaper Korean made crap. The carpet is crap and the tone sounds bad compared to the cab that I have. I dont know where my cab is made. I need to look at the back of it the next time Im at my practice space. I just thought I would post here to see if anyone knew about this model. I wont be back in the studio until Tues. :(

• Members

The cab you have might sound better than the SVT 410. You should do an A/B comparison between them before you sell.

Id like to but my cab isnt currently offered in stores anymore. Yesterday I basically a/b'ed the setup at guitar center. I used their B2R hooked through the SVT410 and SVT115 with a Jaguar. It blew what I have away which is the same thing except for the Fender cab. I even have hotter pickups in my Jag.

• Members

Either way, resale on Fender cabs are not very high. Hell, if I were a little closer to you I might have taken it off your hands but I don't want to low ball you. Do you know if it's a 4ohm or 8ohm cab?

On another note, I owned a BXR200 combo (w/15" speaker) for a while and that thing was loud as hell! The amp crapped out on me and I removed it from the cabinet and now I use the cabinet alone. I installed a banana jack panel on the rear. At some point I'm going to get a Neo 15" woofer to put in there and change out the connectors to standard 1/4" jacks.

• Members

Either way, resale on Fender cabs are not very high. Hell, if I were a little closer to you I might have taken it off your hands but I don't want to low ball you. Do you know if it's a 4ohm or 8ohm cab?

On another note, I owned a BXR200 combo (w/15" speaker) for a while and that thing was loud as hell! The amp crapped out on me and I removed it from the cabinet and now I use the cabinet alone. I installed a banana jack panel on the rear. At some point I'm going to get a Neo 15" woofer to put in there and change out the connectors to standard 1/4" jacks.

its a 4 ohm cab. Newport News is only 2 hours!

I know I wont get alot for it, I just wanted some opinions. I should probably just keep it as a spare 410, but its big and storing it in my apartment isnt the easiest.

• Members
its a 4 ohm cab. Newport News is only 2 hours!

I know I wont get alot for it, I just wanted some opinions. I should probably just keep it as a spare 410, but its big and storing it in my apartment isnt the easiest.

No my brother (unless I'm speeding)! Maryland is about 3-3-1/2 hours for me. But yeah, I think you'd do better keeping it or selling locally (but if I come into some cash and you still have it, I may look you up).

• Members

No my brother (unless I'm speeding)! Maryland is about 3-3-1/2 hours for me. But yeah, I think you'd do better keeping it or selling locally (but if I come into some cash and you still have it, I may look you up).

I have a house in OBX. The fastest Ive made it there has been 3h 40min. :) Its 313 miles from door to door. 80mph average speed. Not too impressive but there are those fun strips of 115mph+ that make it enjoyable.

Ive listed the cab locally on Craigslist now. I guess Ill see what offers I get on it.

Thanks for everyones input.

Archived