WTFOTD: Rockabye Baby

burdizzos

• Members

Rockabye Baby Music.

Rockabye Baby! transforms timeless rock songs into beautiful instrumental lullabies, sending your little one to a slumberland of sweet dreams. Delicate instruments such as the glockenspiel, vibraphone, mellotron, harp and bells create a soothing atmosphere of sound. These charming recordings are sophisticated enough for everyone to enjoy, yet gentle enough for your little angel. This is cherub rock for a new generation.

I saw some of these CDs at a local baby store yesterday where I paid way too much for a crib.

After listening to a few of the samples, I can say that some of them aren't too bad, but the Tool renditions are {censored}ing spooky. If I was in B-Bottom's basement and heard Schism being played on a Vibraphone, I'd {censored} my pants and immediately start putting lotion on my skin.

• Members

Rockabye Baby! transforms timeless rock songs into beautiful instrumental lullabies, sending your little one to a slumberland of sweet dreams. Delicate instruments such as the glockenspiel, vibraphone, mellotron, harp and bells create a soothing atmosphere of sound. These charming recordings are sophisticated enough for everyone to enjoy, yet gentle enough for your little angel. This is cherub rock for a new generation.

I saw some of these CDs at a local baby store yesterday where I paid way too much for a crib.

After listening to a few of the samples, I can say that some of them aren't too bad, but the Tool renditions are {censored}ing spooky. If I was in B-Bottom's basement and heard Schism being played on a Vibraphone, I'd {censored} my pants and immediately start putting lotion on my skin.

Facts is stranger than the truth! -Grandpa Jones!

• Members

Seriously?

This {censored} freaks me out.

The Pink Floyd and Metallica ones ARE freaky! But babies love them. For the first few months it was the only way I could get her to conk out during nap time. They are very cool. If you have an iPod you can get them on iTunes.

• Members

The Pink Floyd and Metallica ones ARE freaky! But babies love them. For the first few months it was the only way I could get her to conk out during nap time. They are very cool. If you have an iPod you can get them on iTunes.

That's all I need to know. If it will shut the little bastard up so I can get some sleep, then it sounds pretty good.

;)

• Members

The whole Black album as vibraphone? *shudders*

Enter Sandman
:freak:

I will get that one for my kids. I'll train them to be Hokies from birth.

[YOUTUBE]5h1EW5z1wdc[/YOUTUBE]

I was in the student section for that game. I was one of the thousands that rushed the field after we won.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

On a related note, the guitarist in my band just launched
www.mycradletunes.com

It's pretty cool.

Cool stuff. I always wondered about copyrighting with those things. How did it work? Did they have to get permission from the artists? Next time I have to get a gift for a baby, I'll go through them.

• Members

Cool stuff. I always wondered about copyrighting with those things. How did it work? Did they have to get permission from the artists? Next time I have to get a gift for a baby, I'll go through them.

They have to pay royalties, but I really don't know how they are doing it. I know that's what held up the site for a while. They might even take requests since they are trying to get the site off the ground and it just went live a couple of days ago.

• Members

Assuming the songs aren't filled with curses, does a child really give a rat's butt that a song is done completely in chimes?

Why not just play the Floyd or Beatles album?

They do actually respond better to the remakes. It's more soothing.

Well, at least my kid seems to like it when it's time to sleep or just cool out.

He really seemed to get a kick out of S.O.D. and Megadeth too, but that didn't do much to calm him down.

• Members

They do actually respond better to the remakes. It's more soothing.

More soothing than dark side of the moon? They may slip into a coma. :lol:

IMO, it's brilliant, but not for any valuable reason. It's a cute baby product. That's all that matters.

For example...

11861.1.jpg

Look at the actual parts that clip the nails....it's identical to the one you use to do your own. But with a puffy white handle and a red cross it screams "I'm safer for baby".

:D

• Members

When the orchestration gets complex, it bothers babies. Which is why Pink Floyd doesn't work, there's too much going on. Infants do not like busy music.

As for the nail clippers, the plastic bits make them easier to control. It sounds stupid, but they do make it easier to trim the kid's nails because those little demons will not hold still. There's no additional safety involved, but they are less likely to slip out of my hand while I'm trying to get my kid to not move his hand or feet.

Archived