Best Bass for $700

AlexArmes

• Members

And what is about the Musicman and the Lakland. How are tose basses compared to the G&L. Do all this basses offer the same versatility??

The G&L L2000/L2500 (5 string) have:

2 pickups, whose designs is one of Leo Fender's best inventions, and secret weapon. That's right... Leo Fender.

Each polepiece can be raised and lowered, looks a bit like a Stingray Ernie Ball pickup, but there are two of them.

So there's a pickup selector.

Active, passive, and active with a treble boost (or is it bass cut?)

And another switch which allows you to go series or parallel.

Not sure about the options on a Lakland.

The Musicmans are usually one pickup, and you can get two or three band EQ knobs.

The more recent version of the Stingray/Sterling has two pickups, and I'm not sure about the EQ options.

Best bet is to go to the store on a day when you won't be distracted by a store full of wankers, and try 'em all out side by side.

• Members

The G&L L2000/L2500 (5 string) have:

2 pickups, whose designs is one of Leo Fender's best inventions, and secret weapon. That's right... Leo Fender.

Each polepiece can be raised and lowered, looks a bit like a Stingray Ernie Ball pickup, but there are two of them.

So there's a pickup selector.

Active, passive, and active with a treble boost (or is it bass cut?)

And another switch which allows you to go series or parallel.

Not sure about the options on a Lakland.

The Musicmans are usually one pickup, and you can get two or three band EQ knobs.

The more recent version of the Stingray/Sterling has two pickups, and I'm not sure about the EQ options.

Best bet is to go to the store on a day when you won't be distracted by a store full of wankers, and try 'em all out side by side.

Yeah, but tat's is one of my problems. I don't live in USA. A friend of me is going to travel to USA and he can bring me a bass, cause in my country I can't get the nice basses that are sold commonly in America. So, I have to make the best choice, but I can't play the bass or hear it live.

• Members

There are so many good basses at that point. The used Music Man would be a solid choice. Great rep for consistent quality which makes it a solid 'no see first' type situation. Also people seem to say the B string on EBMMs is nice.

The G&Ls mentioned would be good.

maybe an Ibanez ATK?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ATK750KA-Figured-Koa-Bass-Guitar?sku=516146

• Members

I'm sitting here wringing my hands over a G&L Tribute L-2500. The USA model i wanted was sold right before they got my email. :cry:

So i ordered her 18 Red Roses for Valentines Day...and maybe the effects of another Bass in the house will be minimalized...:freak:

Depending on your type of music Alex, you may want to give G&L a look...plus save a few bux.

Archived