Best Bass for $700

AlexArmes

• Members

Hey Guys, i want to get a new bass and i'm really thinking about get this one:

Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 Bass

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Studio5-Bass-?sku=513094

It looks great and has many good reviews of it there. I would like to know what do you guys think and what other models should I consider.

Thanks!!!

• Members

Bass forums (here and talkbass, check the classifieds), ebay, craigslist, etc.

Go look for other ideas in that thread. While I love that Schecter, there are better used basses to be had at the new price point.

IMO, of course ;)

• Members

It looks great and has many good reviews of it there. I would like to know what do you guys think and what other models should I consider.

Thanks!!!

That is a great 5er, with a tight, very playable strip spacing.

• Members

I'm pretty partial to G&L basses. My '84 L2000 sits in the case for the time being so I can get my rocks off with two newest acquisitions - a Jazz Bass clone and a Dipinto Mach IV.

I got my G&L on Ebay for $700 and that and the L2500 have to be just about the most versatile basses out there. I can get a pretty convincing P bass tone (humbucking and single coil) out of it, and you can switch from passive to active.

The SB2 models seem to be the current fave with G&L enthusiasts - passive with P+J pickup setup. Pretty easy to find US models for around $700.

Or you can go the tribute line - Korean made, and I've seen them on Ebay for $450 and under.

• Members

Thanks!!!

I have a pair (each finish) and have been beating the {censored} out of them live for a while.(enough so that my thumb is wearing through where i rest it on the body) they stay in tune, they dont sound that bad for having emg HZ pups in them. they play great and feel good if the set-up is right. not the clearest B string i have ever heard but its ok. i play modern rock so i am only using one tone. so that makes the three band pre-amp useless to me. i would have went with the stilleto elite if i could go back. if you dont need a ton of sounds i would recomend the elite. same bass. better finish. even the c-5 's are nice, and the hellraiser 5's . if you like one schecter you will like all those. the omen and others are cheap though.

Archived