Markbass "Little MK2"

SOULKITCHEN

• Members

As I get older I have less and less desire to haul my SVT's around...big surprise there, eh ? Anyway, I'm looking into more compact rigs...I have cabs...a 6x8 Azola Cab and a custom made 1x15...but in shopping for heads I came across the Markbass heads. They definitely passed my main test...set the EQ flat, and if it sounds good "flat", then you might have something good. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have had any experience with these and can comment on their reliability, any issues I might expect, etc.

Thanks.

• Members

I've been using one a little over a year now with no issues. I think it's one of the biggest bangs for the buck out there in amp land these days. It's extreemly light for it's weight, VERY cleeen, I dig the EQ, but don't use it because the filters are a riot. It stood up VERY well next to an Aggie DB750, but they're two heads voiced completely different, to be fair.

If your looking for a simple hi fi head, and size/weight is a concern, put this at the top of your list.

• Members

I've been using one a little over a year now with no issues. I think it's one of the biggest bangs for the buck out there in amp land these days. It's extreemly light for it's weight, VERY cleeen, I dig the EQ, but don't use it because the filters are a riot. It stood up VERY well next to an Aggie DB750, but they're two heads voiced completely different, to be fair.

If your looking for a simple hi fi head, and size/weight is a concern, put this at the top of your list.

Cool...I trust your opinion...good to know that theyre solid.

Nice to see youre still around.

BTW...my old "nickname" was Jetphase ;)

What I dug was setting the EQ "flat" and then just using the filters and my hand / bass to get the tones.

Archived