Orange

parsons

• Members

What do you guys think of Orange's bass heads? Ive never really read any reviews from real world people. I borrowed one from another bassist in a band we were playing with one night but it was a quieter gig. The owner doesnt let you crank it up loud.

• Members

the guy who let me borrow his loves his, but Ive never gotten to hear him play his loud since each time Ive played with his band its been at a lower volume venue (basically a bar that holds about 60 people). I read somewhere that people have problems with them, but this guy tours with this head. He keeps it in a flight case and plays about 200-250 shows a year with no issues.

• Members

I'm gonna buy a tubee this spring.......does it go down to 2 ohms?? How does it compare with the $2000.00 Ampeg??? How heavy???? Where are they made?????

goes down to 4 ohms,made in england,53lbs ,and from what i've read and heard they actually put out about 165 watts rms.

• Members

I had a thread on em last week. It sounded amazing. It was THE tone in my head.

The problem is pricing, and volume. They're quite expensive for what they put out, and break up soon. I like the distorted tone, but I play with all styles, and could not dial in a slap tone.

• Members

I had a thread on em last week. It sounded amazing. It was THE tone in my head.

The problem is pricing, and volume. They're quite expensive for what they put out, and break up soon. I like the distorted tone, but I play with all styles, and could not dial in a slap tone.

I wouldnt expect a slap tone from anything orange makes. Their guitar amps are the same way. Its just balls to the wall OD.

When I used my friends I also used his old Ampeg 8x10. It was plenty loud and I couldnt imagine having to have it get much louder.

Archived